A stay at Sternwheeler Hotel and Conference Centre places you in the heart of Whitehorse, steps from MacBride Museum of Yukon History and 3 minutes by foot from North End Gallery. This hotel is 0.2 mi (0.4 km) from Kwanlin Dun Cultural Centre and 0.3 mi (0.5 km) from Old Log Church.Rooms
Make yourself at home in one of the 181 air-conditioned rooms featuring refrigerators and microwaves. 21-inch flat-screen televisions with cable programming provide entertainment, while wireless Internet access (surcharge) keeps you connected. Private bathrooms with shower/tub combinations feature complimentary toiletries and hair dryers. Conveniences include safes and desks, and housekeeping is provided daily.Amenities
Take advantage of recreation opportunities such as a fitness center, or other amenities including wireless Internet access (surcharge) and gift shops/newsstands. Additional features at this hotel include a hair salon, tour/ticket assistance, and a ballroom.Dining
Stop by the hotel's restaurant, Steele Street, for lunch or dinner, or grab snacks at the coffee shop/café. Wrap up your day with a drink at the bar/lounge. Full breakfasts are available daily from 7:00 AM to 11:00 AM for a fee.Business, Other Amenities
Featured amenities include a business center, dry cleaning/laundry services, and a 24-hour front desk. Planning an event in Whitehorse? This hotel has facilities measuring 6997 square feet (650 square meters), including conference space. A roundtrip airport shuttle is complimentary at scheduled times.Attractions
Distances are displayed to the nearest 0.1 mile and kilometer.
MacBride Museum of Yukon History - 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
North End Gallery - 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
Kwanlin Dun Cultural Centre - 0.4 km / 0.2 mi
Old Log Church - 0.4 km / 0.3 mi
SS Klondike - 1.1 km / 0.7 mi
S.S. Klondike National Historic Site - 1.2 km / 0.8 mi
Yukon Beringia Interpretive Centre - 3.6 km / 2.2 mi
Yukon Wildlife Preserve - 28.5 km / 17.7 mi
Takhini Hot Pools - 29.8 km / 18.5 mi
Lorne Mountain Community Centre - 38.7 km / 24 mi
The preferred airport for Sternwheeler Hotel and Conference Centre is Whitehorse, YT (YXY-Whitehorse Intl.) - 8.7 km / 5.4 mi
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy Government-issued photo identification and a credit card may be required at check-in for incidental charges Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges; special requests cannot be guaranteed Safety features at this property include a carbon monoxide detector, a fire extinguisher, a smoke detector, a security system, a first aid kit, and window guards Please note that cultural norms and guest policies may differ by country and by property; the policies listed are provided by the property Smoking is not permitted at this hotel from May 15 – September 15. Smoking is allowed in the remainder of the year.
Front desk staff will greet guests on arrival. Airport shuttle service is available at scheduled times from 6:00 AM to midnight. Fees may apply. Contact the property in advance to get details.
Please note, there is important information about this property to know before you arrive.
- The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation.
- This property allows pets in specific rooms only (surcharges apply and can be found in the Fees section). Guests can request one of these rooms by contacting the property directly, using the contact information on the booking confirmation.
- This property advises that enhanced cleaning and guest safety measures are currently in place.
- Disinfectant is used to clean the property; commonly-touched surfaces are cleaned with disinfectant between stays; bed sheets and towels are laundered at a temperature of at least 60°C/140°F.
- Personal protective equipment, including masks and gloves, will be available to guests.
- Social distancing measures are in place; staff at the property wear personal protective equipment; a shield is in place between staff and guests in main contact areas; periodic temperature checks are conducted on staff; temperature checks are available to guests; guests are provided with hand sanitizer.
- Contactless check-in and contactless check-out are available.
- Each guestroom is kept vacant for a minimum of 24 hours between bookings.
- The property affirms that it adheres to the Intertek Cristal (3rd party expert - Global) sanitization guidelines.
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Breakfast fee: between CAD 15 and CAD 20 per person (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: CAD 4.20 per stay (rates may vary)
- Fee for wireless Internet in public areas: CAD 4.20 per stay (rates may vary)
- Pet deposit: CAD 20.00 per stay
- Pet fee: CAD 20 per accommodation, per night
- Service animals are exempt from fees
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
- -Free self parking
- -In-room accessibility
- -Smoke-free property
- -Dry cleaning/laundry service
- -24-hour front desk
- -Safe-deposit box at front desk
- -Laundry facilities
- -Breakfast available (surcharge)
- -Conference space
- -Gift shops or newsstand
- -Hair salon
- -Free airport transportation
- -Business center
- -Fitness facilities
- -Luggage storage
- -Coffee shop or café
- -Tours/ticket assistance
- -WiFi (surcharge)
- -Conference space size (feet) - 6997
- -Conference space size (meters) - 650
- -Wheelchair accessible (may have limitations)
- -Wheelchair-accessible path to elevator
- -Uncovered parking
- -Hiking/biking trails nearby
- -Mountain biking nearby