Bayside Resort, Ascend Hotel Collection is in the heart of Parksville, within a 10-minute walk of Paradise Fun Park and Parksville Beach. This spa hotel is 3.1 mi (5 km) from Rathtrevor Beach Provincial Park and 0.9 mi (1.5 km) from Vancouver Island University Parksville Campus.Rooms
Make yourself at home in one of the 59 air-conditioned rooms featuring flat-screen televisions. Wireless Internet access (surcharge) keeps you connected, and digital programming is available for your entertainment. Private bathrooms with shower/tub combinations feature complimentary toiletries and hair dryers. Conveniences include desks and complimentary weekday newspapers, as well as phones with free local calls.Amenities
Relax and unwind with massages and facials. If you're looking for recreational opportunities, you'll find an outdoor pool and a fitness center. This hotel also features complimentary wireless Internet access, concierge services, and a hair salon.Dining
Grab a bite to eat at the Bayside Bistro and Lounge, a restaurant where you can take in the ocean view and dine alfresco. Or stay in and take advantage of the room service (during limited hours). Breakfast is available daily for a fee.Business, Other Amenities
Featured amenities include a computer station, complimentary newspapers in the lobby, and dry cleaning/laundry services. Free self parking is available onsite.Attractions
Distances are displayed to the nearest 0.1 mile and kilometer.
Paradise Fun Park - 0.4 km / 0.2 mi
Parksville Beach - 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
Vancouver Island University Parksville Campus - 1.5 km / 1 mi
Parksville Community Park - 1.7 km / 1.1 mi
Oceanside Place Arena - 1.9 km / 1.2 mi
Morningstar Golf Club - 3.7 km / 2.3 mi
Little Qualicum Cheeseworks - 3.9 km / 2.4 mi
Riptide Lagoon Adventure Golf - 4.4 km / 2.7 mi
Rathtrevor Beach Provincial Park - 5 km / 3.1 mi
Parksville Visitor Centre - 5.5 km / 3.4 mi
Craig Heritage Park and Museum - 5.6 km / 3.5 mi
North Island Wildlife Recovery Centre - 6.6 km / 4.1 mi
Eaglecrest Golf Club - 7.8 km / 4.9 mi
Milner Gardens and Woodland - 8 km / 5 mi
Top Bridge Community Park - 8.3 km / 5.1 mi
The nearest airports are:
Nanaimo, BC (YCD) - 53.9 km / 33.5 mi
Nanaimo, BC (ZNA-Nanaimo Harbour Water Aerodrome) - 39.2 km / 24.4 mi
Pender Harbour, BC (YPT-Pender Harbour Waterdrome) - 189.5 km / 117.8 mi
Sechelt, BC (YHS-Sunshine Coast Regional) - 134.9 km / 83.8 mi
The preferred airport for Bayside Resort, Ascend Hotel Collection is Nanaimo, BC (YCD).
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card may be required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- Safety features at this property include a smoke detector.
- This property advises that enhanced cleaning and guest safety measures are currently in place.
- Disinfectant is used to clean the property; commonly-touched surfaces are cleaned with disinfectant between stays; bed sheets and towels are laundered at a temperature of at least 60°C/140°F.
- Personal protective equipment, including masks and gloves, will be available to guests.
- Contactless check-out is available.
- Individually-wrapped food options are available for breakfast.
- Each guestroom is kept vacant for a minimum of 24 hours between bookings.
- The property affirms that it adheres to the Intertek Cristal (3rd party expert - Global) sanitization guidelines. Please note that cultural norms and guest policies may differ by country and by property. The policies listed are provided by the property.
Due to COVID-19, this property's food and beverage options may be limited pursuant to local regulations.
Please note, there is important information about this property to know before you arrive.
- Pool access available from 7:00 AM to 10:00 PM.
- Reservations are required for massage services and spa treatments. Reservations can be made by contacting the hotel prior to arrival, using the contact information on the booking confirmation.
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Breakfast fee: between CAD 8 and CAD 20 per person (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: CAD 0 per stay (rates may vary)
- Pet fee: CAD 20 per pet, per night
- Service animals are exempt from fees
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
- -Fireplace in lobby
- -Free self parking
- -Free WiFi
- -Wedding services
- -Smoke-free property
- -Dry cleaning/laundry service
- -Safe-deposit box at front desk
- -Breakfast available (surcharge)
- -Conference space
- -Concierge services
- -Hair salon
- -Fitness facilities
- -Free newspapers in lobby
- -Television in common areas
- -Computer station
- -Spa treatment room(s)
- -Multilingual staff
- -Banquet hall
- -RV, bus, truck parking
- -Vending machine
- -Spa services on site
- -Reception hall
- -Outdoor pool - 1
- -Luggage storage
- -Meeting rooms
- -Outdoor furniture
- -Walkway to water
- -Wheelchair accessible parking