Price Beat Guarantee*
Find a lower comparable hotel price online and we'll beat it by 10%. Find out more.
When you stay at Macdonald Old England Hotel & Spa in Windermere, you'll be on a lake, just steps from Lake District and 5 minutes by foot from Lake Windermere. This 4-star hotel is 0.2 mi (0.3 km) from World of Beatrix Potter and 12.3 mi (19.8 km) from Hill Top.Rooms
Stay in one of 106 guestrooms featuring flat-screen televisions. Complimentary wireless Internet access keeps you connected, and digital programming is available for your entertainment. Private bathrooms with bathtubs or showers feature complimentary toiletries and hair dryers. Conveniences include safes and desks, and housekeeping is provided daily.Amenities
Relax at the full-service spa, where you can enjoy body treatments and facials. If you're looking for recreational opportunities, you'll find a health club, an indoor pool, and a sauna. Additional amenities at this hotel include complimentary wireless Internet access, concierge services, and wedding services.Dining
Enjoy British cuisine at The Restaurant at Macdona, a restaurant where you can take in the garden view, or stay in and take advantage of the 24-hour room service. Wrap up your day with a drink at the bar/lounge. Full breakfasts are available daily from 8 AM to 10 AM for a fee.Business, Other Amenities
Featured amenities include express check-out, dry cleaning/laundry services, and a 24-hour front desk. Planning an event in Windermere? This hotel has facilities measuring 4971 square feet (462 square meters), including conference space.Attractions
Distances are displayed to the nearest 0.1 mile and kilometer.
Lake District - 0.1 km / 0.1 mi
Bowness Pier - 0.1 km / 0.1 mi
Old Laundry Theatre - 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
World of Beatrix Potter - 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
Lake Windermere - 0.4 km / 0.2 mi
Windermere Golf Club - 2.1 km / 1.3 mi
Blackwell, The Arts & Crafts House - 2.5 km / 1.6 mi
Lyth Valley - 2.8 km / 1.8 mi
Orrest Head - 3.5 km / 2.2 mi
Hill Top - 4.6 km / 2.8 mi
Brockhole - the Lake District Visitor Centre - 5.5 km / 3.4 mi
Townend - 5.9 km / 3.7 mi
Winster Valley - 6.5 km / 4 mi
Ambleside Pier - 7.9 km / 4.9 mi
Armitt Museum and Gallery - 10 km / 6.2 mi
The preferred airport for Macdonald Old England Hotel & Spa is Manchester (MAN) - 144.1 km / 89.5 mi
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card, debit card, or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- Please note that cultural norms and guest policies may differ by country and by property. The policies listed are provided by the property.
Please note, there is important information about this property to know before you arrive.
- Reservations are required for massage services. Reservations can be made by contacting the hotel prior to arrival, using the contact information on the booking confirmation.
- Only registered guests are allowed in the guestrooms.
- The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation.
- Some facilities may have restricted access. Guests can contact the property for details using the contact information on the booking confirmation.
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Fee for full breakfast: GBP 18.00 per person (approximately)
- Valet parking fee: GBP 20.00 per night
- Onsite credit card charges are subject to a surcharge
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
- -Indoor pool
- -In-room accessibility
- -Roll-in shower
- -Accessible bathroom
- -Free WiFi
- -Wedding services
- -Smoke-free property
- -Dry cleaning/laundry service
- -24-hour front desk
- -Safe-deposit box at front desk
- -Breakfast available (surcharge)
- -Conference space
- -Concierge services
- -Coffee/tea in common areas
- -Spa treatment room(s)
- -Banquet hall
- -Health club
- -Children's pool
- -Tours/ticket assistance
- -Full-service spa
- -Number of floors - 4
- -Total number of rooms - 106
- -Conference space size (meters) - 462
- -Conference space size (feet) - 4971
- -Express check-out
- -Luggage storage
- -Steam room
- -Valet parking (surcharge)
- -Meeting rooms