Price Beat Guarantee*
Find a lower comparable hotel price online and we'll beat it by 10%. Find out more.
With a stay at Macdonald Swan Hotel, you'll be centrally located in Ambleside, steps from Lake District and 12 minutes by foot from Grasmere Garden Village. This hotel is 5.8 mi (9.4 km) from Lake Windermere and 13.3 mi (21.4 km) from Derwent Water.Rooms
Make yourself at home in one of the 37 guestrooms. Complimentary wireless Internet access keeps you connected, and satellite programming is available for your entertainment. Bathrooms have showers and hair dryers. Conveniences include desks and coffee/tea makers, and housekeeping is provided daily.Amenities
Take in the views from a garden and make use of amenities such as complimentary wireless Internet access and wedding services.Dining
Satisfy your appetite for dinner at Waggoners, a restaurant which specializes in British cuisine, or stay in and take advantage of the room service (during limited hours). Wrap up your day with a drink at the bar/lounge. Cooked-to-order breakfasts are available daily from 8 AM to 10 AM for a fee.Business, Other Amenities
Featured amenities include express check-out, complimentary newspapers in the lobby, and a 24-hour front desk. This hotel has 2 meeting rooms available for events. Free self parking is available onsite.Attractions
Distances are displayed to the nearest 0.1 mile and kilometer.
Lake District - 0.1 km / 0.1 mi
Grasmere Garden Village - 1 km / 0.6 mi
St Oswald's Church - 1.1 km / 0.7 mi
Helm Crag - 1.1 km / 0.7 mi
Wordsworth Museum - 1.3 km / 0.8 mi
Dove Cottage - 1.3 km / 0.8 mi
Alcock Tarn - 1.8 km / 1.1 mi
Easdale Tarn - 1.9 km / 1.2 mi
Dora's Field - 3.9 km / 2.4 mi
Rydal Mount - 4 km / 2.5 mi
Hellvellyn - 6.6 km / 4.1 mi
Armitt Museum and Gallery - 6.8 km / 4.2 mi
Ambleside Pier - 8.6 km / 5.3 mi
Lake Windermere - 9.4 km / 5.8 mi
Wansfell Pike - 9.6 km / 6 mi
The preferred airport for Macdonald Swan Hotel is Manchester (MAN) - 166.1 km / 103.2 mi
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed. Please note that cultural norms and guest policies may differ by country and by property. The policies listed are provided by the property. Additional policies and fees may apply when booking more than 7 rooms. For more details, please contact the property using the information on the reservation confirmation received after booking.
Please note, there is important information about this property to know before you arrive.
Know Before You Go
- Only registered guests are allowed in the guestrooms.
- The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation.
- The property allows pets in specific rooms only and has other pet restrictions (surcharges apply and can be found in the Fees section). Guests can arrange to bring pets by contacting the property directly, using the contact information on the booking confirmation.
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Fee for cooked-to-order breakfast: GBP 18.00 for adults and GBP 12.50 for children (approximately)
- Pet fee: GBP 15 per pet, per night
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
- -Free self parking
- -Accessible bathroom
- -Free WiFi
- -Wedding services
- -Smoke-free property
- -Express check-out
- -24-hour front desk
- -Safe-deposit box at front desk
- -Laundry facilities
- -Breakfast available (surcharge)
- -Free newspapers in lobby
- -Coffee/tea in common areas
- -Free use of nearby fitness center
- -Number of buildings/towers - 1
- -Number of floors - 2
- -Number of meeting rooms - 2
- -Total number of rooms - 37
- -Year Built - 1650