Price Beat Guarantee*
Find a lower comparable hotel price online and we'll beat it by 10%. Find out more.
Located in Torquay, The Charterhouse is by the sea, a 2-minute drive from Riviera International Conference Centre and 5 minutes from Princess Theatre. This 4-star bed & breakfast is 1.6 mi (2.5 km) from Living Coasts and 2.7 mi (4.3 km) from Goodrington Sands Beach.Rooms
Stay in one of 10 guestrooms featuring flat-screen televisions. Complimentary wireless Internet access keeps you connected, and digital programming is available for your entertainment. Private bathrooms have complimentary toiletries and hair dryers. Conveniences include electric kettles and complimentary bottled water, and housekeeping is provided daily.Amenities
Take advantage of recreation opportunities such as a seasonal outdoor pool or take in the view from a terrace and a garden. Additional amenities at this bed & breakfast include complimentary wireless Internet access, a television in a common area, and a picnic area.Dining
English breakfasts are available daily from 8:30 AM to 9:30 AM for a fee.Business, Other Amenities
The front desk is staffed during limited hours. Free self parking is available onsite.Attractions
Distances are displayed to the nearest 0.1 mile and kilometer.
Livermead Beach - 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
Institute Beach - 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
Corbyn Beach - 0.7 km / 0.4 mi
Torre Abbey Sands - 0.8 km / 0.5 mi
Torre Abbey - 1.2 km / 0.7 mi
Hollicombe Beach - 1.2 km / 0.7 mi
Riviera International Conference Centre - 1.3 km / 0.8 mi
Princess Theatre - 1.7 km / 1.1 mi
Preston Beach - 1.8 km / 1.1 mi
Living Coasts - 2.4 km / 1.5 mi
Paignton Beach - 2.4 km / 1.5 mi
Beacon Cove - 2.6 km / 1.6 mi
Torquay Museum - 2.7 km / 1.7 mi
Peaked Tor Cove Beach - 2.9 km / 1.8 mi
Dartmouth Steam Railway - 3.4 km / 2.1 mi
The nearest major airport is Exeter (EXT-Exeter Intl.) - 42.1 km / 26.2 mi
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card, debit card, or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- Please note that cultural norms and guest policies may differ by country and by property. The policies listed are provided by the property.
The front desk is open daily from 3:00 PM - 6:00 PM.
If you are planning to arrive after 10:00 PM please contact the property at least 24 hours in advance using the information on the booking confirmation.
Please note, there is important information about this property to know before you arrive.
- This property's policy is to refuse certain bookings for the purpose of group events or parties, including pre-wedding stag/bachelor and hen/bachelorette parties.
- The seasonal pool will be open from May to August.
- Only registered guests are allowed in the guestrooms.
- The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation.
- This property allows pets in specific rooms only (surcharges apply and can be found in the Fees section). Guests can request one of these rooms by contacting the property directly, using the contact information on the booking confirmation.
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Fee for English breakfast: GBP 10 for adults and GBP 5 for children (approximately)
- Pet fee: GBP 5.00 per pet, per night
- Late check-in fee: GBP 10 for check-in between 10:00 PM and 11:30 PM
- Rollaway bed fee: GBP 10.0 per day
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
- -Free self parking
- -Free WiFi
- -Breakfast available (surcharge)
- -Television in common areas
- -Multilingual staff
- -Outdoor seasonal pool
- -Designated smoking areas
- -Front desk (limited hours)
- -Picnic area