Price Beat Guarantee*
Find a lower comparable hotel price online and we'll beat it by 10%. Find out more.
A stay at Protea Hotel by Marriott Cape Town Waterfront Breakwater Lodge places you in the heart of Cape Town, within a 15-minute walk of Two Oceans Aquarium and Cape Town Stadium. This family-friendly hotel is 4.6 mi (7.4 km) from Table Mountain and 1.2 mi (1.9 km) from Cape Town International Convention Centre.
Make yourself at home in one of the 191 air-conditioned rooms featuring refrigerators and LCD televisions. Complimentary wireless Internet access keeps you connected, and satellite programming is available for your entertainment. Bathrooms have complimentary toiletries and hair dryers. Conveniences include phones, as well as laptop-compatible safes and desks.
Pamper yourself with a visit to the spa, which offers massages, body treatments, and facials. Additional features at this hotel include complimentary wireless Internet access, concierge services, and babysitting/childcare (surcharge). Guests can catch a ride on the shuttle (surcharge), which operates within 25.00 km.
Enjoy local cuisine at Stonebreakers Restaurant, a restaurant which features a bar, or stay in and take advantage of the room service (during limited hours). Buffet breakfasts are available daily from 6:30 AM to 10 AM for a fee.
Business, Other Amenities
Featured amenities include a 24-hour business center, complimentary newspapers in the lobby, and dry cleaning/laundry services. Planning an event in Cape Town? This hotel has 0 square feet (0 square meters) of space consisting of a conference center and meeting rooms. A roundtrip airport shuttle is provided for a surcharge (available 24 hours), and self parking (subject to charges) is available onsite.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy. Government-issued photo identification and a credit card are required at check-in for incidental charges. Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed. Please note that cultural norms and guest policies may differ by country and by property. The policies listed are provided by the property. 24-hour airport shuttle service is available. Contact the property in advance to get details. Due to drought conditions, water restrictions apply at this property until further notice. Guests can expect periodic water supply outages or reduced water pressure during their stay. For more details, please contact the property using the number provided on the booking confirmation email. Due to drought conditions, water restrictions may apply at this property until further notice. For more details, please contact the property using the number provided on the booking confirmation email.
Please note, there is important information about this property to know before you arrive.
Quality Graded by the Tourism Grading Council of South Africa (TGCSA) – South Africa's official quality assurance organization.
Know Before You Go
- Reservations are required for massage services and spa treatments. Reservations can be made by contacting the hotel prior to arrival, using the contact information on the booking confirmation.
- Children 12 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding.
- The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation.
- No pets and no service animals are allowed at this property.
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Fee for buffet breakfast: ZAR 175 per person (approximately)
- Airport shuttle fee: ZAR 380.00 per person (one way)
- Airport shuttle fee per child: ZAR 25.00
- Self parking fee: ZAR 25 per day
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
Mandatory Fees and Taxes
You'll be asked to pay the following charges at the property:
- 1 percent tourism fee will be charged
We have included all charges provided to us by the property. However, charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book.
Renovations and Closures
The property will be renovating from 09 November 2018 to 31 May 2019 (completion date subject to change). The following areas are affected:
- Business center
- Meeting facilities
Guests will have access to the following alternate facilities during the renovation:
- Business facilities
- -24-hour business center
- -In-room accessibility
- -Accessible bathroom
- -Free WiFi
- -Smoke-free property
- -Dry cleaning/laundry service
- -24-hour front desk
- -Safe-deposit box at front desk
- -Laundry facilities
- -Breakfast available (surcharge)
- -Concierge services
- -Fitness facilities
- -Free newspapers in lobby
- -Television in common areas
- -Luggage storage
- -Self parking (surcharge)
- -Spa treatment room(s)
- -Multilingual staff
- -Coffee shop or café
- -Conference center
- -Airport transportation (surcharge)
- -Tours/ticket assistance
- -Babysitting or childcare (surcharge)
- -Full-service spa
- -Spa services on site
- -Area shuttle (surcharge)
- -RV, bus, truck parking (surcharge)
- -Supervised childcare/activities (surcharge)