Belmond Hotel das Cataratas
Price Beat Guarantee*
Find a lower comparable hotel price online and we'll beat it by 10%. Find out more.
With a stay at Belmond Hotel das Cataratas in Foz do Iguacu, you'll be in a national park, within a 10-minute walk of Iguacu Falls and Parque Nacional do Iguacu. This 5-star hotel is 0.5 mi (0.8 km) from Devil's Throat and 6.8 mi (11 km) from Bird Park.Rooms
Make yourself at home in one of the 187 air-conditioned rooms featuring free minibar items and LCD televisions. Complimentary wireless Internet access keeps you connected, and cable programming is available for your entertainment. Private bathrooms with showers feature complimentary toiletries and hair dryers. Conveniences include phones, as well as laptop-compatible safes and desks.Amenities
Pamper yourself with a visit to the spa, which offers massages, body treatments, and facials. You're sure to appreciate the recreational amenities, including an outdoor pool, an outdoor tennis court, and a sauna. Additional amenities at this hotel include complimentary wireless Internet access, concierge services, and gift shops/newsstands.Dining
Grab a bite at Ipe, one of the hotel's 2 restaurants, or stay in and take advantage of the 24-hour room service. Wrap up your day with a drink at the bar/lounge. A complimentary local cuisine breakfast is included.Business, Other Amenities
Featured amenities include a 24-hour business center, express check-in, and express check-out. Planning an event in Foz do Iguacu? This hotel has facilities measuring 1012 square feet (94 square meters), including a meeting room. A roundtrip airport shuttle is provided for a surcharge (available 24 hours).Attractions
Distances are displayed to the nearest 0.1 mile and kilometer.
Iguacu Falls - 0.6 km / 0.4 mi
Parque Nacional do Iguacu - 0.8 km / 0.5 mi
Devil's Throat - 0.9 km / 0.6 mi
Bird Park - 11 km / 6.8 mi
Entrance to the Iguassu Falls - 11 km / 6.8 mi
Acquamania - 16.7 km / 10.4 mi
Bottega Churrascaria Show - 19.9 km / 12.4 mi
Tancredo Neves Bridge - 21.5 km / 13.3 mi
Adrena Kart - 22.1 km / 13.7 mi
Catuai Palladium Shopping Center - 22.7 km / 14.1 mi
Iguassu Boulevard - 22.7 km / 14.1 mi
Iguazu Duty Free Shop - 23.1 km / 14.3 mi
Punto Iguazu Shopping Mall - 24.2 km / 15 mi
Three Borders Mark - 24.5 km / 15.2 mi
Space of the Americas - 24.5 km / 15.2 mi
The nearest airports are:
Iguassu Falls (IGU-Foz do Iguacu Intl.) - 13.8 km / 8.6 mi
Iguazu (IGR-Cataratas del Iguazu Intl.) - 42.8 km / 26.6 mi
Ciudad del Este (AGT-Guarani Intl.) - 60.2 km / 37.4 mi
The preferred airport for Belmond Hotel das Cataratas is Iguassu Falls (IGU-Foz do Iguacu Intl.).
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed. No onsite parking is available. Please note that cultural norms and guest policies may differ by country and by property. The policies listed are provided by the property.
24-hour airport shuttle service is available on request. Fees may apply. Contact the property in advance to make arrangements.
Guests coming by car or taxi must park at the entrance to the National Park where the hotel is: vehicles are not allowed in the park. The hotel provides transfer every 30-40 minutes between the main park gate and the hotel.Guests must pay the park's entrance fee at check-out. At check-in, guests receive a Hotel Identification Card, which allows the guest to enter and leave the park without paying additional fees. For more details, please contact the property using the number provided on the booking confirmation email.
Please note, there is important information about this property to know before you arrive.
Know Before You Go
- Parents or a legal guardian traveling with children under 18 years must present the child's birth certificate and an identity card with photo (passport, for example) at the check-in. For international travels from Brazil, if just one of the parents is traveling with the child, she/he must present – in addition to the child's certificate of birth and identity card with photo – a letter authorizing the trip signed by the other parent with a notarial certification of signature. In case the parents or the legal guardian, as applicable, cannot or are unwilling to give this authorization, a judicial authorization is required. People who intend to travel to Brazil with children must consult with the Brazilian consulate before traveling for more information.
- This property offers transfers from the airport (surcharges may apply). Guests must contact the property with arrival details 24 hours prior to arrival, using the contact information on the booking confirmation.
- Reservations are required for massage services and spa treatments. Reservations can be made by contacting the hotel prior to arrival, using the contact information on the booking confirmation.
- A fee for a mandatory Christmas Eve gala dinner is included in the total price displayed for stays on 24 December.
- A fee for a mandatory New Year's Eve gala dinner is included in the total price displayed for stays on 31 December.
- One child 7 years old or younger stays free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding.
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Airport shuttle fee: BRL 280 per vehicle (roundtrip)
- Airport shuttle fee per child: BRL 0
- Rollaway bed fee: BRL 350.0 per day
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
Mandatory Fees and Taxes
You'll be asked to pay the following charges at the property:
- Tourism fee: BRL 7.50 per accommodation, per night
The charges below are included in your overall room price:
- New Year's Eve gala dinner fee
- Christmas Eve gala dinner fee
We have included all charges provided to us by the property. However, charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book.This property is located inside a National Park. An entrance fee is charged to all guests: BRL38.30 for citizens of Brazil, BRL51,30 for citizens of Mercosul countries, and BRL64,30 for citizens of all other countries. For more details, please contact the property using the information on the reservation confirmation received after booking.
Renovations and Closures
The following facilities will be closed during the winter:
- Swimming pool
- Dining venue
- -24-hour business center
- -Free WiFi
- -Express check-in
- -Wedding services
- -Smoke-free property
- -Dry cleaning/laundry service
- -Express check-out
- -24-hour front desk
- -Laundry facilities
- -Gift shops or newsstand
- -Concierge services
- -Outdoor pool
- -Free breakfast
- -Fireplace in lobby
- -Fitness facilities
- -Free newspapers in lobby
- -Luggage storage
- -Multilingual staff
- -Shopping on site
- -One meeting room
- -Airport transportation (surcharge)
- -Children's pool
- -Tours/ticket assistance
- -Full-service spa
- -Spa services on site
- -Outdoor tennis court
- -Children's club (free)
- -Offsite parking reservations required
- -Number of floors - 3
- -Number of restaurants - 2
- -Total number of rooms - 187
- -Conference space size (feet) - 1012
- -Conference space size (meters) - 94