Price Beat Guarantee*
Find a lower comparable hotel price online and we'll beat it by 10%. Find out more.
When you stay at Bunga Raya Island Resort & Spa in Gaya Island, you'll be on the boardwalk and convenient to Tunku Abdul Rahman Park and Sapi Island. This 5-star resort is within the vicinity of Imago Shopping Mall and Sabah State Mosque.Rooms
Make yourself at home in one of the 48 air-conditioned rooms featuring DVD players and LCD televisions. Rooms have private balconies. Complimentary wireless Internet access keeps you connected, and satellite programming is available for your entertainment. Private bathrooms with shower/tub combinations feature complimentary toiletries and hair dryers.Amenities
Pamper yourself with a visit to the spa, which offers massages, body treatments, and facials. You can soak up the sun at the private beach or enjoy other recreational amenities including an outdoor pool and a sauna. Additional amenities at this resort include complimentary wireless Internet access, babysitting/childcare (surcharge), and wedding services.Dining
Grab a bite at The Wine Cave, one of the resort's 2 restaurants, or stay in and take advantage of the 24-hour room service. Mingle with other guests at the complimentary reception, held daily. Wrap up your day with a drink at the bar/lounge. A complimentary buffet breakfast is served daily from 7:00 AM to 10:00 AM.Business, Other Amenities
Featured amenities include limo/town car service, complimentary newspapers in the lobby, and dry cleaning/laundry services. Planning an event in Gaya Island? This resort has facilities measuring 2000 square feet (186 square meters), including a meeting room. For a surcharge, guests may use a roundtrip airport shuttle (available 24 hours) and a ferry terminal shuttle.Attractions
Distances are calculated in a straight line from the property's location to the point of interest or attraction, and may not reflect actual travel distance.
Distances are displayed to the nearest 0.1 mile and kilometer.
Tunku Abdul Rahman Park - 2 km / 1.2 mi
Sapi Island - 2.3 km / 1.4 mi
Mamutik Island - 6.7 km / 4.2 mi
Kota Kinabalu Waterfront - 7.7 km / 4.8 mi
Kota Kinabalu Central Market - 7.7 km / 4.8 mi
KK Esplanade - 7.7 km / 4.8 mi
Local Fruits Market - 7.8 km / 4.8 mi
KK Plaza - 7.8 km / 4.8 mi
Filipino Market - 7.8 km / 4.8 mi
Suria Sabah Shopping Mall - 7.8 km / 4.9 mi
Warisan Square - 7.8 km / 4.9 mi
Oceanus Waterfront Mall - 7.8 km / 4.9 mi
Jesselton Point Ferry Terminal - 7.9 km / 4.9 mi
Sutera Harbour - 7.9 km / 4.9 mi
Wisma Merdeka - 7.9 km / 4.9 mi
The preferred airport for Bunga Raya Island Resort & Spa is Kota Kinabalu (BKI-Kota Kinabalu Intl.) - 12 km / 7.4 mi.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card, debit card, or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- No onsite parking is available. Please note that cultural norms and guest policies may differ by country and by property. The policies listed are provided by the property.
24-hour airport shuttle service is available on request. Fees may apply. Contact the property in advance to make arrangements.
This property is accessible by boat. Boat transfers are available from Jesselton Point ferry terminal, Kota Kinabulu to Gayana, Gaya Island. There are four scheduled departures. The boat departs from Jesselton Point ferry terminal at 1:30 PM and 3 PM (free), and 6 PM and 10:30 PM (MYR 50 per person); and from the resort at 9 AM and 11 AM (free), and 1 PM and 4 PM (MYR 50 per person).
For other departures, guests will need to hire a private charter boat. Guests must contact the property at least 72 hours in advance of arrival to arrange boat transfers. Contact information is provided on the booking confirmation email.
Please note, there is important information about this property to know before you arrive.
- This property offers transfers from the ferry terminal and airport (surcharges may apply). Guests must contact the property with arrival details before travel, using the contact information on the booking confirmation.
- Reservations are required for massage services and spa treatments. Reservations can be made by contacting the resort prior to arrival, using the contact information on the booking confirmation.
- Only registered guests are allowed in the guestrooms.
- No pets and no service animals are allowed at this property.
You'll be asked to pay the following charges at the property:
- A tax of MYR 10.00 per accommodation, per night is imposed by the country of Malaysia and collected at the property. Permanent residents and Malaysian nationals are exempt from the tax. For more details, please contact the property using the information on the reservation confirmation received after booking.
- Rollaway bed fee: MYR 350.0 per day
- -Free beach cabanas
- -Free WiFi
- -Wedding services
- -Dry cleaning/laundry service
- -24-hour front desk
- -Safe-deposit box at front desk
- -Laundry facilities
- -Outdoor pool
- -Free breakfast
- -Fitness facilities
- -Free reception
- -Free newspapers in lobby
- -Coffee/tea in common areas
- -Spa treatment room(s)
- -Limo or Town Car service available
- -Multilingual staff
- -One meeting room
- -Airport transportation (surcharge)
- -Designated smoking areas
- -Tours/ticket assistance
- -Babysitting or childcare (surcharge)
- -Full-service spa
- -Spa services on site
- -Pool umbrellas
- -Ferry terminal shuttle (surcharge)
- -Marina on site
- -Beach umbrellas
- -Beach sun loungers
- -On private beach
- -Number of restaurants - 2
- -Total number of rooms - 48
- -Year Built - 2009
- -Conference space size (feet) - 2000
- -Conference space size (meters) - 186
- -Number of buildings/towers - 49
- -Luggage storage
- -Rooftop terrace
- -Beach towels
- -Picnic area