Price Beat Guarantee*
Find a lower comparable hotel price online and we'll beat it by 10%. Find out more.
A stay at Mercure Leicester The Grand Hotel places you in the heart of Leicester, within a 15-minute walk of De Montfort University and University of Leicester. This 4-star hotel is 2.7 mi (4.3 km) from National Space Centre and 12.5 mi (20.1 km) from Loughborough University.Rooms
Stay in one of 104 guestrooms featuring LED televisions. Complimentary wireless Internet access keeps you connected, and digital programming is available for your entertainment. Private bathrooms with bathtubs or showers feature complimentary toiletries and hair dryers. Conveniences include phones, as well as desks and coffee/tea makers.Amenities
Take advantage of recreation opportunities such as a fitness center, or other amenities including complimentary wireless Internet access and wedding services.Dining
Satisfy your appetite for lunch or dinner at Marcos New York Italian, a restaurant which specializes in Italian cuisine, or stay in and take advantage of the 24-hour room service. Wrap up your day with a drink at the bar/lounge. Buffet breakfasts are served on weekdays from 6:30 AM to 9:30 AM and on weekends from 7:30 AM to 10:30 AM for a fee.Business, Other Amenities
Featured amenities include express check-in, express check-out, and complimentary newspapers in the lobby. This hotel has 10 meeting rooms available for events. Self parking (subject to charges) is available onsite.Attractions
Distances are displayed to the nearest 0.1 mile and kilometer.
Curve Theatre - 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
Leicester Town Hall - 0.4 km / 0.2 mi
Haymarket Memorial Clock Tower - 0.4 km / 0.3 mi
Phoenix Arts Centre - 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
Highcross Shopping Centre - 0.6 km / 0.4 mi
Athena Conference Centre - 0.6 km / 0.4 mi
Leicester Cathedral - 0.6 km / 0.4 mi
New Walk Museum - 0.6 km / 0.4 mi
Leicester Guildhall - 0.7 km / 0.4 mi
De Montfort University - 0.8 km / 0.5 mi
Haymarket Shopping Centre - 0.9 km / 0.6 mi
St. Nicholas Church - 0.9 km / 0.6 mi
Jewry Wall - 1 km / 0.6 mi
University of Leicester - 1.1 km / 0.7 mi
De Montford Hall - 1.3 km / 0.8 mi
The nearest airports are:
Birmingham (BHX) - 60.2 km / 37.4 mi
East Midlands (EMA) - 31.7 km / 19.7 mi
Nottingham (NQT) - 36.5 km / 22.7 mi
Coventry (CVT) - 43 km / 26.7 mi
The preferred airport for Mercure Leicester The Grand Hotel is Birmingham (BHX).
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card, debit card, or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- Please note that cultural norms and guest policies may differ by country and by property. The policies listed are provided by the property.
Please note, there is important information about this property to know before you arrive.
- The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation.
- Construction is underway at a neighboring building and there may be noise disturbance from the construction work.
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Fee for buffet breakfast: GBP 15.95 per person (approximately)
- Self parking fee: GBP 10.00 per night
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
- -In-room accessibility
- -Roll-in shower
- -Accessible bathroom
- -Free WiFi
- -Wedding services
- -Smoke-free property
- -Dry cleaning/laundry service
- -24-hour front desk
- -Safe-deposit box at front desk
- -Laundry facilities
- -Breakfast available (surcharge)
- -Conference space
- -Fitness facilities
- -Free newspapers in lobby
- -Self parking (surcharge)
- -Multilingual staff
- -Banquet hall
- -Number of meeting rooms - 10
- -Express check-in
- -Express check-out
- -Meeting rooms
- -Wheelchair accessible path of travel
- -Wheelchair accessible parking
- -Braille or raised signage
- -Assistive listening devices available