Sonesta Hotel Cartagena
Price Beat Guarantee*
Find a lower comparable hotel price online and we'll beat it by 10%. Find out more.
With a stay at Sonesta Hotel Cartagena in Cartagena (La Boquilla), you'll be within a 15-minute drive of San Pedro Claver Church and Convent and La Boquilla Beach. This 4-star hotel is 4.7 mi (7.6 km) from San Felipe de Barajas Castle and 5.6 mi (9 km) from Puerta del Reloj.
Make yourself at home in one of the 118 air-conditioned rooms featuring minibars and LCD televisions. Rooms have private balconies. Complimentary wireless Internet access keeps you connected, and cable programming is available for your entertainment. Private bathrooms with showers feature complimentary toiletries and hair dryers.
Dip into one of the 2 outdoor swimming pools or enjoy other recreational amenities including an outdoor tennis court and a sauna. This hotel also features complimentary wireless Internet access, concierge services, and shopping on site.
Satisfy your appetite for lunch or dinner at the hotel's restaurant, Restaurante Palenke, or stay in and take advantage of the 24-hour room service. Wind down with a drink at one of the 2 bars/lounges or 2 poolside bars. A complimentary buffet breakfast is served daily from 6:30 AM to 10 AM.
Business, Other Amenities
Featured amenities include a 24-hour business center, dry cleaning/laundry services, and a 24-hour front desk. Planning an event in Cartagena? This hotel has 2293 square feet (213 square meters) of space consisting of a conference center and meeting rooms. A roundtrip airport shuttle is provided for a surcharge (available 24 hours), and free self parking is available onsite.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy. Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges. Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed. Please note that cultural norms and guest policies may differ by country and by property. The policies listed are provided by the property. Guests must contact this hotel in advance to reserve onsite parking. Contact the office using the information on the reservation confirmation received after booking. This property's beach access, spa, and wet zones will be closed for maintenance every Monday or Tuesday after a holiday weekend. The outdoor pool will be closed for maintenance every Tuesday or Wednesday after a holiday weekend. For more details, please contact the property using the information on the reservation confirmation received after booking. 24-hour airport shuttle service is available on request. Contact the property in advance to make arrangements. The lobby outdoor pool at this property will be undergoing maintenance every Tuesday or Wednesday following a holiday weekend; the beach access at this property will be undergoing maintenance every Monday or Tuesday following a holiday weekend; and the Spa and wet zones are closed every Monday or Tuesday following a holiday weekend. For more details, please contact the property using the information on the reservation confirmation received after booking.
Please note, there is important information about this property to know before you arrive.
Know Before You Go
- If you are traveling with a child your property may require you to present the following documents: Parents traveling into Colombia with a child under 18 may be required to present the child's birth certificate and photo ID (passport for foreign visitors) upon check-in. If a relative or legal guardian is traveling into Colombia with the child, that relative or legal guardian may be required to present a notarized consent of travel signed by both parents and a copy of both parents' ID. If only one parent is traveling into Colombia with the child, that parent may be required to present a notarized consent of travel signed by the other parent. Visitors who plan to travel with children should consult with a Colombian consulate office prior to travel for further guidance.
- Up to 2 children 11 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding. Children may not be eligible for complimentary breakfast.
- Only registered guests are allowed in the guestrooms.
- No pets and no service animals are allowed at this property.
- Airport shuttle fee: COP $40.000 cop per room (roundtrip)
- Rollaway bed fee: COP 90000.0 per night
Mandatory Fees and Taxes
You'll be asked to pay the following charges at the property:
- The national sales tax (19%) is charged upon check-out to citizens of Colombia regardless of length of stay and to foreigners staying 60 consecutive days or more. Foreigners on a tourist visa are exempt from this tax. Furthermore, the tax may apply per room when the room is shared by a taxable and a nontaxable guest.
- Resort fee: COP 7.100.00 per person, per night
We have included all charges provided to us by the property. However, charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book.
- -Children's pool
- -Parking (limited spaces)
- -Turkish bath/Hammam
- -Accessible bathroom
- -In-room accessibility
- -Newspapers in lobby (surcharge)
- -Free WiFi
- -Concierge services
- -Shopping on site
- -Airport transportation (surcharge)
- -Barbecue grill(s)
- -Laundry facilities
- -Free breakfast
- -Dry cleaning/laundry service
- -Wedding services
- -Tours/ticket assistance
- -Conference center
- -Outdoor tennis court
- -Free self parking
- -Luggage storage
- -Pool sun loungers
- -24-hour front desk
- -24-hour fitness facilities
- -24-hour business center
- -Smoke-free property
- -Pool umbrellas