Price Beat Guarantee*
Find a lower comparable hotel price online and we'll beat it by 10%. Find out more.
Located in Essex Junction, The Essex, Vermont's Culinary Resort & Spa is in the suburbs, within a 10-minute drive of Champlain Valley Exposition and Saint Michael's College. This 4-star hotel is 7.6 mi (12.2 km) from Lake Champlain and 8.7 mi (14.1 km) from University of Vermont.Rooms
Make yourself at home in one of the 120 individually decorated guestrooms, featuring refrigerators and flat-screen televisions. Your pillowtop bed comes with premium bedding. Cable programming and iPod docking stations are provided for your entertainment, while complimentary wireless Internet access keeps you connected. Bathrooms have complimentary toiletries and hair dryers.Amenities
Relax at the full-service spa, where you can enjoy massages, body treatments, and facials. If you're looking for recreational opportunities, you'll find outdoor tennis courts, an outdoor pool, and an indoor pool. Additional features at this Victorian hotel include complimentary wireless Internet access, concierge services, and babysitting/childcare (surcharge). Guests can catch a ride to nearby destinations on the complimentary area shuttle.Dining
Enjoy American cuisine at The Tavern, one of the hotel's 2 restaurants, or stay in and take advantage of the room service (during limited hours). Snacks are also available at the coffee shop/café. Wrap up your day with a drink at the bar/lounge. Cooked-to-order breakfasts are available daily from 7 AM to 10:30 AM for a fee.Business, Other Amenities
Featured amenities include complimentary wired Internet access, a 24-hour business center, and express check-out. Planning an event in Essex Junction? This hotel has facilities measuring 7782 square feet (723 square meters), including conference space. For a surcharge, guests may use a roundtrip airport shuttle (available 24 hours) and a train station pick-up service.Attractions
Distances are displayed to the nearest 0.1 mile and kilometer.
Links at Lang Farm Course - 0.4 km / 0.2 mi
Essex Outlets - 0.8 km / 0.5 mi
Essex Family Fun & Entertainment Center - 1.4 km / 0.9 mi
Champlain Valley Exposition - 4.7 km / 3 mi
Old Mill Museum and Park - 7.7 km / 4.8 mi
Vermont Genealogy Library - 8.4 km / 5.2 mi
Saint Michael's College - 9.3 km / 5.8 mi
Saint Michael's Playhouse - 9.6 km / 6 mi
Catamount Outdoor Family Center - 10.8 km / 6.7 mi
Champlain Mill - 11.2 km / 7 mi
Lake Champlain - 12.2 km / 7.6 mi
Mills Riverside Park - 12.3 km / 7.7 mi
Centennial Field - 12.4 km / 7.7 mi
Gutterson Fieldhouse - 14 km / 8.7 mi
University of Vermont - 14.1 km / 8.7 mi
The nearest airports are:
Burlington, VT (BTV-Burlington Intl.) - 11.2 km / 7 mi
Stowe, VT (MVL-Morrisville-Stowe State) - 63.3 km / 39.4 mi
Plattsburgh, NY (PBG-Plattsburgh Intl.) - 132.2 km / 82.2 mi
The preferred airport for The Essex, Vermont's Culinary Resort & Spa is Burlington, VT (BTV-Burlington Intl.).
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
24-hour airport shuttle service is available. Fees may apply. Contact the property in advance to make arrangements.
Please note, there is important information about this property to know before you arrive.
- This property offers transfers from the airport and train station (surcharges may apply). Guests must contact the property with arrival details 24 hours prior to arrival, using the contact information on the booking confirmation.
- The seasonal pool will be open from June to October.
- The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation.
- This property allows pets in specific rooms only (surcharges apply and can be found in the Fees section). Guests can request one of these rooms by contacting the property directly, using the contact information on the booking confirmation.
You'll be asked to pay the following charges at the property:
- Resort fee: USD 22.00 per accommodation, per night
We have included all charges provided to us by the property. However, charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book.
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Fee for cooked-to-order breakfast: USD 19.50 per person (approximately)
- Airport shuttle fee: USD 25.00 per person (one way)
- Pet fee: USD 45 per pet, per day
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 10.00 per day
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
- -Free self parking
- -24-hour business center
- -Free area shuttle
- -In-room accessibility
- -Roll-in shower
- -Accessible bathroom
- -Free WiFi
- -Wedding services
- -Smoke-free property
- -Dry cleaning/laundry service
- -24-hour front desk
- -Safe-deposit box at front desk
- -Spa tub
- -Laundry facilities
- -Breakfast available (surcharge)
- -Conference space
- -Gift shops or newsstand
- -Concierge services
- -Hair salon
- -Outdoor pool
- -Fitness facilities
- -Free wired Internet
- -Free newspapers in lobby
- -Spa treatment room(s)
- -Banquet hall
- -Coffee shop or café
- -Babysitting or childcare (surcharge)
- -Full-service spa
- -Spa services on site
- -Train station pickup (surcharge)
- -Number of floors - 3
- -Number of buildings/towers - 3
- -Total number of rooms - 120
- -Ski storage
- -Steam room
- -Picnic area
- -Year Built - 1989
- -Outdoor tennis courts - 6
- -Conference space size (feet) - 7782
- -Coffee/tea in common areas
- -Fireplace in lobby
- -Free RV, bus, truck parking
- -Number of restaurants - 2
- -Express check-out
- -Luggage storage
- -Airport transportation (surcharge)
- -Indoor pool
- -Conference space size (meters) - 723
- -Meeting rooms