A stay at Durham Marriott Hotel Royal County places you in the heart of Durham, within a 10-minute walk of Durham Castle and Durham Cathedral. This 4-star hotel is 1.2 mi (2 km) from Durham University and 12.3 mi (19.8 km) from University of Sunderland.Rooms
Make yourself at home in one of the 150 air-conditioned rooms featuring flat-screen televisions. Wireless Internet access (surcharge) keeps you connected, and satellite programming is available for your entertainment. Private bathrooms with shower/tub combinations feature complimentary toiletries and hair dryers. Conveniences include phones, as well as safes and desks.Amenities
Don't miss out on recreational opportunities including an indoor pool and a fitness center. Additional features at this Victorian hotel include complimentary wireless Internet access, concierge services, and wedding services.Dining
Grab a bite at The Brew Bar Lounge, one of the hotel's 2 restaurants, or stay in and take advantage of the 24-hour room service. Need to unwind? Take a break with a tasty beverage at one of the 2 bars/lounges. Full breakfasts are available daily for a fee.Business, Other Amenities
Featured amenities include a business center, express check-in, and express check-out. This hotel has 5 meeting rooms available for events. Self parking (subject to charges) is available onsite.Attractions
Distances are displayed to the nearest 0.1 mile and kilometer.
Durham Indoor Market - 0.4 km / 0.2 mi
St. Nicholas Church - 0.4 km / 0.2 mi
Durham World Heritage Site Visitor Centre - 0.4 km / 0.3 mi
Palace Green - 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
Gala Theatre Durham - 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
Palace Green Library - 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
Durham Heritage Centre and Museum - 0.6 km / 0.4 mi
Durham Castle - 0.6 km / 0.4 mi
Durham Cathedral - 0.6 km / 0.4 mi
Old Fulling Mill Museum of Archaeology - 0.9 km / 0.5 mi
Crook Hall and Gardens - 1.1 km / 0.7 mi
Durham University - 1.5 km / 0.9 mi
Durham Botanic Garden - 1.8 km / 1.1 mi
Oriental Museum - 1.8 km / 1.1 mi
Mount Oswald Golf Club - 2.5 km / 1.5 mi
The nearest airports are:
Newcastle (NCL-Newcastle Intl.) - 39.4 km / 24.5 mi
Durham (MME-Tees Valley) - 35.4 km / 22 mi
The preferred airport for Durham Marriott Hotel Royal County is Newcastle (NCL-Newcastle Intl.).
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card, debit card, or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
Please note, there is important information about this property to know before you arrive.
- Only registered guests are allowed in the guestrooms.
- The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation.
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Fee for full breakfast: GBP 16.50 for adults and GBP 8.00 for children (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: GBP 10.00 per day (rates may vary)
- Self parking fee: GBP 19.00 per day
- Rollaway bed fee: GBP 15.0 per day
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
- -Wedding services
- -Accessible bathroom
- -In-room accessibility
- -Free newspapers in lobby
- -Computer station
- -Self parking (surcharge)
- -Breakfast available (surcharge)
- -24-hour front desk
- -Concierge services
- -Smoke-free property
- -Free WiFi
- -Fitness facilities
- -Barbecue grill(s)
- -Business center
- -Number of bars/lounges - 2
- -Picnic area
- -Number of meeting rooms - 5
- -Coffee/tea in common areas
- -Offsite parking discounted rates available
- -Number of restaurants - 2
- -Luggage storage
- -Express check-in
- -Express check-out
- -Indoor pool
- -Wheelchair-accessible registration desk
- -Wheelchair-accessible pool
- -Wheelchair-accessible fitness center
- -Wheelchair-accessible meeting spaces/business center
- -Visual alarms in hallways
- -Wheelchair-accessible on-site restaurant
- -Wheelchair accessible path of travel
- -Wheelchair accessible parking
- -Assistive listening devices available