Price Beat Guarantee*
Find a lower comparable hotel price online and we'll beat it by 10%. Find out more.
A unique island property - this secluded coastal haven offers both close proximity to pristine beaches and also the opportunity to share the natural habitat of Kangaroo Island's native birds and animals.
Settled lightly on the landscape, on 40 private hectares of ancient dune country - and next door to pristine Pennington Bay - Kestrel Downs offers a beautiful vista of waterways and islands - every window features serene sea and bushland views. Wake to dawn's light reflected in the ocean inlet of Pelican Lagoon; sit on the verandah and watch native fauna drink and bathe at the bird bath.
This island retreat features spacious open plan living with Balinese furniture, polished bamboo floors and a sparkling new farm-size kitchen. Light and airy, it offers eco-friendly design features including solar power, surround verandah and pure rainwater throughout.
Go bird watching, fauna spotting, swimming, beach combing, fishing, surfing - or just relax, drift away and enjoy the view.
Kestrel Downs is the perfect base for exploring the island.
SPECIAL FEATURES AND LAYOUT
- Excellent mobile network coverage
- Only 25 minutes from ferry and airport
- Just 7 km from restaurant, supplies and petrol
- Brand new, fully equipped, contemporary design kitchen with 700mm stove
- Polished bamboo floors throughout the 3 bedrooms (2 x queen, 2 x single)
- Quality furnishings
- Laundry and washing machine
- Freshly ironed linen and towels included in tariff
- Reverse cycle air conditioning and wood fire
- Solar power
- Tariff does not change for weekends
- Ample private parking
Guest to email owner on booking to obtain map and information regarding key location.
- -Non-smoking property
- -BBQ facilities
- -Guest laundry
- -Onsite parking (free)
- -Onsite parking (surcharge)