Price Beat Guarantee*
Find a lower comparable hotel price online and we'll beat it by 10%. Find out more.
With a stay at Hostel Otro Mundo in Kyoto (Central Kyoto), you'll be within a 5-minute drive of Nijō Castle and Kyoto Imperial Palace. This hostel is 2 mi (3.2 km) from Ryōan-ji and 2.2 mi (3.6 km) from Nishiki Market.Rooms
Make yourself at home in one of the 4 air-conditioned guestrooms. Shared bathrooms are provided.Business, Other Amenities
Featured amenities include luggage storage and laundry facilities.Attractions
Distances are displayed to the nearest 0.1 mile and kilometer.
Kitano Tenmangū - 1.3 km / 0.8 mi
Seimei Shrine - 1.4 km / 0.9 mi
Nishijin Textile Center - 1.5 km / 1 mi
Funaoka Thermal Bath - 1.9 km / 1.1 mi
Nijō Castle - 2 km / 1.3 mi
Kyoto Imperial Palace - 2 km / 1.3 mi
Shijo Omiya - 2.3 km / 1.5 mi
Shunkoin Temple - 2.5 km / 1.6 mi
Myoshinji Temple - 2.7 km / 1.7 mi
Daitokuji Temple - 2.7 km / 1.7 mi
Doshisha University - 2.8 km / 1.7 mi
Kyoto International Manga Museum - 2.8 km / 1.7 mi
Kinkaku-ji - 2.8 km / 1.7 mi
Ryōan-ji - 3.2 km / 2 mi
Kyoto University - 3.2 km / 2 mi
The nearest airports are:
Osaka (ITM-Itami) - 51.4 km / 31.9 mi
Osaka (KIX-Kansai Intl.) - 102.8 km / 63.9 mi
The preferred airport for Hostel Otro Mundo is Osaka (KIX-Kansai Intl.).
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- No onsite parking is available. This property only accepts cash for all bookings and onsite payments. Please note that cultural norms and guest policies may differ by country and by property. The policies listed are provided by the property.
The front desk is open daily from 8 AM - 11 PM.
Please note, there is important information about this property to know before you arrive.
- Children 5 years old and younger are not permitted at this property.
- The Japanese Ministry of Health, Labour, and Welfare requires all international visitors to submit their passport number and nationality when registering at any lodging facility (inns, hotels, motels, etc. ). Additionally, lodging proprietors are required to photocopy passports for all registering guests and keep the photocopy on file.
- A city tax will be collected at the property effective October 1, 2018. The city tax ranges from JPY 200-1,000 per person, per night based on the nightly room rate. Please note that further exemptions may apply. For more details, please contact the property using the information on the reservation confirmation received after booking.
We have included all charges provided to us by the property. However, charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book.
- -Free WiFi
- -Laundry facilities
- -Front desk (limited hours)
- -Total number of rooms - 4
- -Number of buildings/towers - 1
- -Number of floors - 2
- -Luggage storage