Price Beat Guarantee*
Find a lower comparable hotel price online and we'll beat it by 10%. Find out more.
With a stay at Ryokan Sawaya Honten in Kyoto (Sakyo Ward), you'll be steps from Kyoto University and 11 minutes by foot from Heian Shrine. This ryokan is 1.5 mi (2.5 km) from Nishiki Market and 1.6 mi (2.6 km) from Kawaramachi.Rooms
Make yourself at home in one of the 13 guestrooms featuring refrigerators and flat-screen televisions. Complimentary wireless Internet access keeps you connected, and digital programming is available for your entertainment. Bathrooms feature shower/tub combinations, complimentary toiletries, and hair dryers. Conveniences include laptop-compatible safes and desks, as well as phones with free international calls.Amenities
Make use of convenient amenities such as complimentary wireless Internet access, concierge services, and a television in a common area.Dining
Cooked-to-order breakfasts are available daily from 7 AM to 8:30 AM for a fee.Business, Other Amenities
Featured amenities include complimentary newspapers in the lobby, luggage storage, and laundry facilities.Attractions
Distances are displayed to the nearest 0.1 mile and kilometer.
Kyoto University - 0.1 km / 0.1 mi
Kyoto Kaikan Concert Hall - 0.7 km / 0.5 mi
Heian Shrine - 0.9 km / 0.6 mi
Miyakomesse - 0.9 km / 0.6 mi
Kyoto Municipal Museum of Art - 1.2 km / 0.7 mi
Kiyamachi Street - 1.2 km / 0.7 mi
Kyoto National Museum of Modern Art - 1.2 km / 0.7 mi
Kyoto Municipal Zoo - 1.3 km / 0.8 mi
Yoshida Shrine - 1.4 km / 0.8 mi
Pontocho - 1.5 km / 1 mi
Gion Shirakawa Area - 1.7 km / 1 mi
Honnoji Temple - 1.7 km / 1.1 mi
Shoren-in Temple - 1.7 km / 1.1 mi
Kyoto Imperial Palace - 1.9 km / 1.2 mi
Yasaka Shrine - 1.9 km / 1.2 mi
The nearest airports are:
Osaka (KIX-Kansai Intl.) - 101 km / 62.7 mi
Osaka (ITM-Itami) - 60.2 km / 37.4 mi
The preferred airport for Ryokan Sawaya Honten is Osaka (KIX-Kansai Intl.).
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card, debit card, or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- Noise-free guestrooms cannot be guaranteed. Please note that cultural norms and guest policies may differ by country and by property. The policies listed are provided by the property.
The front desk is open daily from 6 AM - midnight.
If you are planning to arrive after 9 PM please contact the property in advance using the information on the booking confirmation.
Please note, there is important information about this property to know before you arrive.
- Children 12 years old and younger are not permitted at this property.
- The Japanese Ministry of Health, Labour, and Welfare requires all international visitors to submit their passport number and nationality when registering at any lodging facility (inns, hotels, motels, etc. ). Additionally, lodging proprietors are required to photocopy passports for all registering guests and keep the photocopy on file.
You'll be asked to pay the following charges at the property:
- A city tax may be collected at the property, effective October 1, 2018. The city tax ranges from JPY 200-1,000 per person, per night based on the nightly room rate. Please note that further exemptions may apply. For more details, please contact the property using the information on the reservation confirmation received after booking.
- A tax is imposed by the city: JPY 1000 per person, per night
We have included all charges provided to us by the property. However, charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book.
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Fee for cooked-to-order breakfast: JPY 2200 per person (approximately)
- Nearby parking fee: JPY 2,000 per night
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
- -Free WiFi
- -Smoke-free property
- -Laundry facilities
- -Breakfast available (surcharge)
- -Concierge services
- -Free newspapers in lobby
- -Television in common areas
- -Front desk (limited hours)
- -Luggage storage
- -Meeting rooms
- -Japanese garden