With a stay at Gion Hatanaka, you'll be centrally located in Kyoto, steps from Yasaka Shrine and 12 minutes by foot from Kawaramachi. This 4-star ryokan is 0.4 mi (0.7 km) from Kyoto MINAMIZA Theatre and 0.5 mi (0.8 km) from Pontocho.Rooms
Make yourself at home in one of the 21 air-conditioned rooms featuring minibars and flat-screen televisions. Complimentary wireless Internet access keeps you connected, and digital programming is available for your entertainment. Private bathrooms with separate bathtubs and showers feature complimentary toiletries and hair dryers. Conveniences include safes and coffee/tea makers, and housekeeping is provided daily.Amenities
Make use of convenient amenities, which include complimentary wireless Internet access and gift shops/newsstands.Dining
Local cuisine breakfasts are available daily from 7:30 AM to 9 AM for a fee.Business, Other Amenities
Featured amenities include complimentary newspapers in the lobby, dry cleaning/laundry services, and multilingual staff. Self parking (subject to charges) is available onsite.Attractions
Distances are displayed to the nearest 0.1 mile and kilometer.
Yasaka Shrine - 0.1 km / 0.1 mi
Maruyama Park - 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
Kodaiji Temple - 0.4 km / 0.3 mi
Chion-in Temple - 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
Gion Corner - 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
Kyoto MINAMIZA Theatre - 0.7 km / 0.4 mi
Kenninji Temple - 0.8 km / 0.5 mi
Pontocho - 0.8 km / 0.5 mi
Shoren-in Temple - 0.8 km / 0.5 mi
Kiyamachi Street - 0.9 km / 0.5 mi
Kyoto Tourist Information Center - 1 km / 0.6 mi
Kawaramachi - 1 km / 0.6 mi
Kiyomizu Temple - 1.3 km / 0.8 mi
Nishiki Market - 1.3 km / 0.8 mi
Teramachi Street - 1.3 km / 0.8 mi
The nearest airports are:
Osaka (KIX-Kansai Intl.) - 101.4 km / 63 mi
Osaka (ITM-Itami) - 47.1 km / 29.3 mi
The preferred airport for Gion Hatanaka is Osaka (KIX-Kansai Intl.).
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card may be required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- Noise-free guestrooms cannot be guaranteed. Safety features at this property include a carbon monoxide detector, a fire extinguisher, a smoke detector, a security system, and a first aid kit.
- This property advises that enhanced cleaning and safety measures are currently in place.
- Disinfectant is used to clean the property, and guests are provided with hand sanitizer.
- For traveler safety, social distancing measures are in place and staff at the property wear personal protective equipment. Please note that cultural norms and guest policies may differ by country and by property. The policies listed are provided by the property.
The front desk is open daily from 7:30 AM - 9 PM.
This property doesn't offer after-hours check-in. For more details, please contact the property using the information on the booking confirmation. Meals are available by reservation only 1 day in advance and cannot be requested after check-in. Please note that this property provides Kyo-ryori (Kyoto cuisine) and Maiko entertainment on special dates and by special request. Japanese futons are provided based on the number of adults in the reservation. All guests must show a valid passport. This is the only form of identification that is accepted at this property. Guests with dietary restrictions or food allergies should contact this hotel 1 day in advance.
Please note, there is important information about this property to know before you arrive.
- The Japanese Ministry of Health, Labour, and Welfare requires all international visitors to submit their passport number and nationality when registering at any lodging facility (inns, hotels, motels, etc. ). Additionally, lodging proprietors are required to photocopy passports for all registering guests and keep the photocopy on file.
- Set meals are served in guestrooms only (no menus or public dining).
You'll be asked to pay the following charges at the property:
- A city tax may be collected at the property, effective October 1, 2018. The city tax ranges from JPY 200-1,000 per person, per night based on the nightly room rate. Please note that further exemptions may apply. For more details, please contact the property using the information on the reservation confirmation received after booking.
- A tax is imposed by the city: JPY 1000 per person, per night
We have included all charges provided to us by the property. However, charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book.
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Fee for local cuisine breakfast: JPY 3300 for adults and JPY 3300 for children (approximately)
- Self parking fee: JPY 3000 per night (in/out privileges)
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
- -Free WiFi
- -Dry cleaning/laundry service
- -Breakfast available (surcharge)
- -Gift shops or newsstand
- -Free newspapers in lobby
- -Self parking (surcharge)
- -Multilingual staff
- -Shopping on site
- -Designated smoking areas
- -Parking (limited spaces)
- -Designated smoking areas (fines apply)
- -Front desk (limited hours)
- -Luggage storage
- -Japanese garden
- -Kaiseki meal
- -Genkan (entryway)
- -Wheelchair accessible – no