With a stay at Gion Hatanaka, you'll be centrally located in Kyoto, steps from Yasaka Shrine and 9 minutes by foot from Kawaramachi. This 4-star ryokan is 0.3 mi (0.6 km) from Gion Corner and 0.4 mi (0.7 km) from Kyoto MINAMIZA Theatre.Rooms
Make yourself at home in one of the 21 air-conditioned rooms featuring minibars and flat-screen televisions. Complimentary wireless Internet access keeps you connected, and digital programming is available for your entertainment. Private bathrooms with separate bathtubs and showers feature complimentary toiletries and hair dryers. Conveniences include safes and coffee/tea makers, and housekeeping is provided daily.Amenities
Make use of convenient amenities, which include complimentary wireless Internet access and gift shops/newsstands.Dining
Local cuisine breakfasts are available daily from 7:30 AM to 9 AM for a fee.Business, Other Amenities
Featured amenities include complimentary newspapers in the lobby, dry cleaning/laundry services, and multilingual staff. Self parking (subject to charges) is available onsite.Attractions
Distances are displayed to the nearest 0.1 mile and kilometer.
Yasaka Shrine - 0.1 km / 0.1 mi
Maruyama Park - 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
Hanamikoji Dori - 0.4 km / 0.2 mi
Entokuin Temple - 0.4 km / 0.2 mi
Kodaiji Temple - 0.4 km / 0.3 mi
Chion-in Temple - 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
Yasui Konpiragu - 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
Gion Corner - 0.6 km / 0.3 mi
Gion Shirakawa Area - 0.6 km / 0.4 mi
Kyoto MINAMIZA Theatre - 0.7 km / 0.4 mi
Kenninji Temple - 0.8 km / 0.5 mi
Kawaramachi - 0.8 km / 0.5 mi
Pontocho - 0.8 km / 0.5 mi
Shoren-in Temple - 0.8 km / 0.5 mi
Kiyamachi Street - 0.8 km / 0.5 mi
The nearest airports are:
Kansai Intl. Airport (KIX) - 101.4 km / 63 mi
Itami Airport (ITM) - 46.7 km / 29 mi
The preferred airport for Gion Hatanaka is Kansai Intl. Airport (KIX).
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy Government-issued photo identification and a credit card may be required at check-in for incidental charges Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges; special requests cannot be guaranteed This property accepts credit cards; cash is not accepted Noise-free guestrooms cannot be guaranteed Safety features at this property include a carbon monoxide detector, a fire extinguisher, a smoke detector, a security system, and a first aid kit Please note that cultural norms and guest policies may differ by country and by property; the policies listed are provided by the property Guests traveling with a service animal must contact the property in advance. Guests booked in rate plans that include breakfast or dinner receive meals for adults only (guests age 6 and older). Meals are available for children under 6 years old for a surcharge, payable at the hotel.
The front desk is open daily from 7:30 AM - 9 PM. This property doesn't offer after-hours check-in. Front desk staff will greet guests on arrival. For more details, please contact the property using the information on the booking confirmation. Meals are available by reservation only 1 day in advance and cannot be requested after check-in. Please note that this property provides Kyo-ryori (Kyoto cuisine) and Maiko entertainment on special dates and by special request. Japanese futons are provided based on the number of adults in the reservation. All guests must show a valid passport. This is the only form of identification that is accepted at this property. Guests with dietary restrictions or food allergies should contact this hotel 1 day in advance.
Please note, there is important information about this property to know before you arrive.
- The Japanese Ministry of Health, Labour, and Welfare requires all international visitors to submit their passport number and nationality when registering at any lodging facility (inns, hotels, motels, etc. ). Additionally, lodging proprietors are required to photocopy passports for all registering guests and keep the photocopy on file.
- Set meals are served in guestrooms only (no menus or public dining).
- This property advises that enhanced cleaning and guest safety measures are currently in place.
- Disinfectant is used to clean the property; commonly-touched surfaces are cleaned with disinfectant between stays; bed sheets and towels are laundered at a temperature of at least 60°C/140°F; the property is cleaned and disinfected with electrostatic spray.
- Social distancing measures are in place; staff at the property wear personal protective equipment; a shield is in place between staff and guests in main contact areas; periodic temperature checks are conducted on staff; temperature checks are available to guests; guests are provided with hand sanitizer; masks are required in public areas; reservations are required for some onsite facilities.
- Enhanced food service safety measures are in place.
You'll be asked to pay the following charges at the property:
- A city tax may be collected at the property, effective October 1, 2018. The city tax ranges from JPY 200-1,000 per person, per night based on the nightly room rate. Please note that further exemptions may apply. For more details, please contact the property using the information on the reservation confirmation received after booking.
- A tax is imposed by the city: JPY 1000 per person, per night
We have included all charges provided to us by the property. However, charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book.
- Fee for local cuisine breakfast: JPY 3300 for adults and JPY 3300 for children (approximately)
- Self parking fee: JPY 3000 per night (in/out privileges)
- -Free WiFi
- -Dry cleaning/laundry service
- -Breakfast available (surcharge)
- -Gift shops or newsstand
- -Free newspapers in lobby
- -Luggage storage
- -Self parking (surcharge)
- -Multilingual staff
- -Shopping on site
- -Designated smoking areas
- -Parking (limited spaces)
- -Designated smoking areas (fines apply)
- -Front desk (limited hours)
- -Japanese garden
- -Kaiseki meal
- -Genkan (entryway)
- -Wheelchair accessible – no