Price Beat Guarantee*
Find a lower comparable hotel price online and we'll beat it by 10%. Find out more.
With a stay at Gion Hatanaka, you'll be centrally located in Kyoto, steps from Yasaka Shrine and 10 minutes by foot from Kawaramachi. This 4-star ryokan is 0.5 mi (0.7 km) from Kyoto MINAMIZA Theatre and 0.5 mi (0.8 km) from Pontocho.Rooms
Make yourself at home in one of the 21 air-conditioned rooms featuring minibars and flat-screen televisions. Complimentary wireless Internet access keeps you connected, and digital programming is available for your entertainment. Private bathrooms with separate bathtubs and showers feature complimentary toiletries and hair dryers. Conveniences include safes and separate sitting areas, and housekeeping is provided daily.Amenities
Make use of convenient amenities, which include complimentary wireless Internet access and gift shops/newsstands.Dining
Local cuisine breakfasts are available daily from 7:30 AM to 9 AM for a fee.Business, Other Amenities
Featured amenities include complimentary newspapers in the lobby, multilingual staff, and luggage storage. Self parking (subject to charges) is available onsite.Attractions
Distances are displayed to the nearest 0.1 mile and kilometer.
Yasaka Shrine - 0.1 km / 0.1 mi
Maruyama Park - 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
Kodaiji Temple - 0.4 km / 0.3 mi
Kenninji Temple - 0.6 km / 0.4 mi
Sannenzaka Museum - 0.7 km / 0.4 mi
Kyoto MINAMIZA Theatre - 0.7 km / 0.5 mi
Pontocho - 0.8 km / 0.5 mi
Chion-in Temple - 0.8 km / 0.5 mi
Kawaramachi - 0.8 km / 0.5 mi
Shoren-in Temple - 0.8 km / 0.5 mi
Kiyamachi Street - 0.9 km / 0.5 mi
Kyoto Tourist Information Center - 1.1 km / 0.7 mi
Kiyomizu Temple - 1.3 km / 0.8 mi
Nishiki Market - 1.3 km / 0.8 mi
Kyoto National Museum of Modern Art - 1.4 km / 0.8 mi
The nearest airports are:
Osaka (ITM-Itami) - 49.9 km / 31 mi
Osaka (KIX-Kansai Intl.) - 97.9 km / 60.8 mi
The preferred airport for Gion Hatanaka is Osaka (KIX-Kansai Intl.).
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed. Please note that cultural norms and guest policies may differ by country and by property. The policies listed are provided by the property. Guests traveling with a service animal must contact the property in advance. For more details, please contact the property using the information on the reservation confirmation received after booking. Guests booked in rate plans that include breakfast or dinner receive meals for adults only (guests age 6 and older). Meals are available for children under 6 years old for a surcharge, payable at the hotel. For more details, please contact the property using the information on the reservation confirmation received after booking.
The front desk is open daily from 7:30 AM - 9 PM
There is no after-hours reception at this property. Guests arriving late won't be able to check in until the next morning. To make arrangements for check-in please contact the property ahead of time using the information on the booking confirmation. Guests with dietary restrictions or food allergies should contact this hotel 1 day in advance. Contact the office using the information on the reservation confirmation received after booking. Meals are available by reservation only 1 day in advance and cannot be requested after check-in. For more details, please contact the property using the information on the reservation confirmation received after booking. Please note that this property provides Kyo-ryori (Kyoto cuisine) and Maiko entertainment on special dates and by special request. For more details, please contact the property using the information on the reservation confirmation received after booking.
Please note, there is important information about this property to know before you arrive.
Know Before You Go
- Reservations are required for massage services. Reservations can be made by contacting the ryokan prior to arrival, using the contact information on the booking confirmation.
- The Japanese Ministry of Health, Labour, and Welfare requires all international visitors to submit their passport number and nationality when registering at any lodging facility (inns, hotels, motels, etc. ). Additionally, lodging proprietors are required to photocopy passports for all registering guests and keep the photocopy on file.
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Fee for local cuisine breakfast: JPY 3240 for adults and JPY 3240 for children (approximately)
- Self parking fee: JPY 3000 per night (in/out privileges)
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
Mandatory Fees and Taxes
- A city tax will be collected at the property effective October 1, 2018. The city tax ranges from JPY 200-1,000 per person, per night based on the nightly room rate. Please note that further exemptions may apply. For more details, please contact the property using the information on the reservation confirmation received after booking.
We have included all charges provided to us by the property. However, charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book.
- -Free WiFi
- -Breakfast available (surcharge)
- -Gift shops or newsstand
- -Free newspapers in lobby
- -Luggage storage
- -Self parking (surcharge)
- -Multilingual staff
- -Shopping on site
- -Designated smoking areas
- -Parking (limited spaces)
- -Designated smoking areas (fines apply)
- -Front desk (limited hours)
- -Total number of rooms - 21
- -Number of floors - 4