Price Beat Guarantee*
Find a lower comparable hotel price online and we'll beat it by 10%. Find out more.
Located in Kyoto (Higashiyama), Ryokan MOTONAGO is within a 5-minute walk of Kodaiji Temple and Yasaka Shrine. This ryokan is 0.4 mi (0.6 km) from Kenninji Temple and 0.4 mi (0.7 km) from Gion Corner.Rooms
Stay in one of 11 guestrooms featuring LCD televisions. Complimentary wireless Internet access keeps you connected, and digital programming is available for your entertainment. Bathrooms have complimentary toiletries and hair dryers. Conveniences include phones, as well as safes and a turndown service.Amenities
Take in the views from a garden and make use of amenities such as complimentary wireless Internet access and concierge services. This ryokan also features gift shops/newsstands and a reception hall.Dining
Local cuisine breakfasts are available daily from 7:30 AM to 8:30 AM for a fee.Business, Other Amenities
Featured amenities include complimentary newspapers in the lobby, a 24-hour front desk, and multilingual staff.Attractions
Distances are displayed to the nearest 0.1 mile and kilometer.
Kodaiji Temple - 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
Maruyama Park - 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
Yasaka Shrine - 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
Chion-in Temple - 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
Gion Corner - 0.7 km / 0.4 mi
Gion Shirakawa Area - 0.8 km / 0.5 mi
Shoren-in Temple - 0.8 km / 0.5 mi
Kenninji Temple - 0.9 km / 0.6 mi
Kyoto MINAMIZA Theatre - 0.9 km / 0.6 mi
Pontocho - 1 km / 0.6 mi
Kiyamachi Street - 1 km / 0.6 mi
Kiyomizu Temple - 1.1 km / 0.7 mi
Kyoto Tourist Information Center - 1.2 km / 0.7 mi
Kawaramachi - 1.2 km / 0.8 mi
Kyoto National Museum of Modern Art - 1.3 km / 0.8 mi
The nearest airports are:
Osaka (KIX-Kansai Intl.) - 101.4 km / 63 mi
Osaka (ITM-Itami) - 54.8 km / 34 mi
The preferred airport for Ryokan MOTONAGO is Osaka (KIX-Kansai Intl.).
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card, debit card, or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- Please note that cultural norms and guest policies may differ by country and by property. The policies listed are provided by the property.
Please note, there is important information about this property to know before you arrive.
- Reservations are required for private bath/onsen. Reservations can be made by contacting the ryokan prior to arrival, using the contact information on the booking confirmation.
- Children 12 years old and younger are not permitted at this property.
- The Japanese Ministry of Health, Labour, and Welfare requires all international visitors to submit their passport number and nationality when registering at any lodging facility (inns, hotels, motels, etc. ). Additionally, lodging proprietors are required to photocopy passports for all registering guests and keep the photocopy on file.
- Set meals are served in guestrooms only (no menus or public dining).
You'll be asked to pay the following charges at the property:
- A city tax may be collected at the property, effective October 1, 2018. The city tax ranges from JPY 200-1,000 per person, per night based on the nightly room rate. Please note that further exemptions may apply. For more details, please contact the property using the information on the reservation confirmation received after booking.
- A tax is imposed by the city: JPY 1000 per person, per night
We have included all charges provided to us by the property. However, charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book.
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Fee for local cuisine breakfast: JPY 1650 per person (approximately)
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
- -Free WiFi
- -Smoke-free property
- -24-hour front desk
- -Safe-deposit box at front desk
- -Breakfast available (surcharge)
- -Gift shops or newsstand
- -Concierge services
- -Free newspapers in lobby
- -Multilingual staff
- -Reception hall
- -Water dispenser
- -Luggage storage
- -Japanese garden
- -Tea service