Price Beat Guarantee*
Find a lower comparable hotel price online and we'll beat it by 10%. Find out more.
With a stay at Matsui Honkan, you'll be centrally located in Kyoto, within a 10-minute drive of Nijo Castle and Kyoto Imperial Palace. This 4-star ryokan is 1.9 mi (3.1 km) from Kiyomizu Temple and 1 mi (1.7 km) from Gion Corner.
Make yourself at home in one of the 25 air-conditioned rooms featuring refrigerators. Complimentary wireless Internet access is available to keep you connected. Bathrooms have complimentary toiletries and bidets. Conveniences include safes and desks, and housekeeping is provided daily.
Enjoy recreational amenities such as hot springs and a spa tub. This ryokan also features complimentary wireless Internet access, concierge services, and gift shops/newsstands.
Take advantage of the ryokan's room service (during limited hours). Full breakfasts are available daily for a fee.
Business, Other Amenities
Featured amenities include complimentary newspapers in the lobby, a 24-hour front desk, and multilingual staff. This ryokan has 2 meeting rooms available for events.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy. Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges. Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed. No onsite parking is available.
Please note, there is important information about this property to know before you arrive.
Know Before You Go
- A fee for a mandatory New Year's Eve gala dinner is included in the total price displayed for stays on 31 December.
- The Japanese Ministry of Health, Labour, and Welfare requires all international visitors to submit their passport number and nationality when registering at any lodging facility (inns, hotels, motels, etc. ). Additionally, lodging proprietors are required to photocopy passports for all registering guests and keep the photocopy on file.
- Fee for full breakfast: JPY 2160 for adults and JPY 2160 for children (approximately)
- Nearby parking fee: JPY 2500 per night
Mandatory Fees and Taxes
- A city tax will be collected at the property effective October 1, 2018. The city tax ranges from JPY 200-1,000 per person, per night based on the nightly room rate. Please note that further exemptions may apply. For more details, please contact the property using the information on the reservation confirmation received after booking.
The charges below are included in your overall room price:
- New Year's Eve gala dinner fee
- -Free WiFi
- -Free newspapers in lobby
- -Concierge services
- -Gift shops or newsstand
- -Breakfast available (surcharge)
- -Spa tub
- -Spa services on site
- -Multilingual staff
- -Luggage storage
- -24-hour front desk