With a stay at Matsui Honkan, you'll be centrally located in Kyoto, steps from Nishiki Market and 5 minutes by foot from Kawaramachi. This 4-star ryokan is 0.4 mi (0.7 km) from Pontocho and 0.6 mi (0.9 km) from Shijo Omiya.Rooms
Make yourself at home in one of the 25 guestrooms featuring refrigerators. Complimentary wireless Internet access is available to keep you connected. Bathrooms have complimentary toiletries and hair dryers. Conveniences include phones, as well as safes and desks.Amenities
Pamper yourself with onsite massages or make use of the other amenities, which include complimentary wireless Internet access and concierge services. This ryokan also features gift shops/newsstands and a vending machine.Dining
Take advantage of the ryokan's room service (during limited hours). Full breakfasts are available daily from 7 AM to 9:00 AM for a fee.Business, Other Amenities
Featured amenities include complimentary newspapers in the lobby, a 24-hour front desk, and multilingual staff. This ryokan has 2 meeting rooms available for events.Attractions
Distances are displayed to the nearest 0.1 mile and kilometer.
Nishiki Market - 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
Rokakkudo Temple - 0.4 km / 0.2 mi
Kawaramachi - 0.4 km / 0.2 mi
Pontocho - 0.7 km / 0.4 mi
Kiyamachi Street - 0.7 km / 0.5 mi
Honnoji Temple - 0.8 km / 0.5 mi
Shijo Omiya - 0.9 km / 0.6 mi
Kyoto International Manga Museum - 0.9 km / 0.6 mi
Kyoto MINAMIZA Theatre - 1.1 km / 0.7 mi
Gion Shirakawa Area - 1.3 km / 0.8 mi
Mikane Shrine - 1.3 km / 0.8 mi
Hanamikoji Dori - 1.4 km / 0.8 mi
Kenninji Temple - 1.5 km / 0.9 mi
Gion Corner - 1.5 km / 0.9 mi
Yasaka Shrine - 1.7 km / 1.1 mi
The nearest airports are:
Osaka (KIX-Kansai Intl.) - 101.5 km / 63.1 mi
Osaka (ITM-Itami) - 45.9 km / 28.5 mi
The preferred airport for Matsui Honkan is Osaka (KIX-Kansai Intl.).
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card, debit card, or cash deposit may be required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- No onsite parking is available. Safety features at this property include a carbon monoxide detector, a fire extinguisher, and a smoke detector.
- This property advises that enhanced cleaning and guest safety measures are currently in place.
- Disinfectant is used to clean the property, and commonly-touched surfaces are cleaned with disinfectant between stays.
- Personal protective equipment, including masks and gloves, will be available to guests.
- Social distancing measures are in place; staff at the property wear personal protective equipment; a shield is in place between staff and guests in main contact areas; periodic temperature checks are conducted on staff; temperature checks are available to guests.
This property doesn't offer after-hours check-in. Front desk staff will greet guests on arrival.
Please note, there is important information about this property to know before you arrive.
- Up to 3 children 2 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding.
- The Japanese Ministry of Health, Labour, and Welfare requires all international visitors to submit their passport number and nationality when registering at any lodging facility (inns, hotels, motels, etc. ). Additionally, lodging proprietors are required to photocopy passports for all registering guests and keep the photocopy on file.
- No pets and no service animals are allowed at this property.
- Set meals are served in guestrooms only (no menus or public dining).
You'll be asked to pay the following charges at the property:
- A city tax may be collected at the property, effective October 1, 2018. The city tax ranges from JPY 200-1,000 per person, per night based on the nightly room rate. Please note that further exemptions may apply. For more details, please contact the property using the information on the reservation confirmation received after booking.
- A tax is imposed by the city: JPY 1000 per person, per night
We have included all charges provided to us by the property. However, charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book.
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Fee for full breakfast: JPY 2200 for adults and JPY 2200 for children (approximately)
- Nearby parking fee: JPY 2500 per night
- Futon bed fee: JPY 1100 per day
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
- -Free WiFi
- -24-hour front desk
- -Breakfast available (surcharge)
- -Gift shops or newsstand
- -Concierge services
- -Free newspapers in lobby
- -Multilingual staff
- -Designated smoking areas
- -Vending machine
- -Water dispenser
- -Number of meeting rooms - 2
- -Luggage storage
- -Wheelchair accessible (may have limitations)
- -Wheelchair accessible path of travel
- -Wheelchair-accessible registration desk
- -Wheelchair-accessible path to elevator
- -Well-lit path to entrance