Price Beat Guarantee*
Find a lower comparable hotel price online and we'll beat it by 10%. Find out more.
A stay at Gion Shinmonso places you in the heart of Kyoto, within a 10-minute walk of Kyoto MINAMIZA Theatre and Pontocho. This ryokan is 0.5 mi (0.9 km) from Kawaramachi and 0.7 mi (1.1 km) from Nishiki Market.Rooms
Make yourself at home in one of the 21 air-conditioned rooms featuring refrigerators. Complimentary wireless Internet access is available to keep you connected. Conveniences include phones and safes.Amenities
Take advantage of recreation opportunities such as a spa tub, or other amenities including complimentary wireless Internet access and tour/ticket assistance.Dining
Breakfast is available for a fee.Business, Other Amenities
The front desk is staffed during limited hours.Attractions
Distances are displayed to the nearest 0.1 mile and kilometer.
Gion Corner - 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
Pontocho - 0.6 km / 0.4 mi
Kyoto MINAMIZA Theatre - 0.6 km / 0.4 mi
Yasaka Shrine - 0.6 km / 0.4 mi
Kenninji Temple - 0.7 km / 0.4 mi
Maruyama Park - 0.7 km / 0.4 mi
Kyoto Tourist Information Center - 0.8 km / 0.5 mi
Shoren-in Temple - 0.8 km / 0.5 mi
Kawaramachi - 0.9 km / 0.5 mi
Kiyamachi Street - 0.9 km / 0.6 mi
Kodaiji Temple - 1.1 km / 0.7 mi
Nishiki Market - 1.1 km / 0.7 mi
Kyoto National Museum of Modern Art - 1.1 km / 0.7 mi
Kyoto Municipal Museum of Art - 1.2 km / 0.8 mi
Miyakomesse - 1.2 km / 0.8 mi
The nearest airports are:
Osaka (ITM-Itami) - 55 km / 34.2 mi
Osaka (KIX-Kansai Intl.) - 98.4 km / 61.1 mi
The preferred airport for Gion Shinmonso is Osaka (KIX-Kansai Intl.).
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card, debit card, or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed. No onsite parking is available.
Please note, there is important information about this property to know before you arrive.
Know Before You Go
- The Japanese Ministry of Health, Labour, and Welfare requires all international visitors to submit their passport number and nationality when registering at any lodging facility (inns, hotels, motels, etc. ). Additionally, lodging proprietors are required to photocopy passports for all registering guests and keep the photocopy on file.
- Breakfast fee: JPY 1620 per person (approximately)
Mandatory Fees and Taxes
- A city tax will be collected at the property effective October 1, 2018. The city tax ranges from JPY 200-1,000 per person, per night based on the nightly room rate. Please note that further exemptions may apply. For more details, please contact the property using the information on the reservation confirmation received after booking.
We have included all charges provided to us by the property. However, charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book.
- -Free WiFi
- -Spa tub
- -Breakfast available (surcharge)
- -Tours/ticket assistance
- -Front desk (limited hours)
- -Number of buildings/towers - 1
- -Total number of rooms - 21
- -Number of floors - 4