A stay at Gion Shinmonso places you in the heart of Kyoto, within a 10-minute walk of Yasaka Shrine and Kyoto MINAMIZA Theatre. This ryokan is 0.6 mi (0.9 km) from Kawaramachi and 0.7 mi (1.2 km) from Nishiki Market.Rooms
Make yourself at home in one of the 21 guestrooms. Complimentary wireless Internet access is available to keep you connected. Bathrooms have hair dryers and slippers. Conveniences include safes, and housekeeping is provided daily.Amenities
Take advantage of recreation opportunities such as a spa tub, or other amenities including complimentary wireless Internet access and tour/ticket assistance.Dining
Japanese breakfasts are available daily from 7:00 AM to 8:30 AM for a fee.Business, Other Amenities
Featured amenities include a 24-hour front desk, luggage storage, and an elevator.Attractions
Distances are displayed to the nearest 0.1 mile and kilometer.
Gion Shirakawa Area - 0.1 km / 0.1 mi
Hanamikoji Dori - 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
Kyoto MINAMIZA Theatre - 0.6 km / 0.4 mi
Pontocho - 0.6 km / 0.4 mi
Yasaka Shrine - 0.6 km / 0.4 mi
Gion Corner - 0.6 km / 0.4 mi
Chion-in Temple - 0.7 km / 0.4 mi
Maruyama Park - 0.7 km / 0.5 mi
Kenninji Temple - 0.8 km / 0.5 mi
Shoren-in Temple - 0.8 km / 0.5 mi
Yasui Konpiragu - 0.9 km / 0.5 mi
Kawaramachi - 0.9 km / 0.6 mi
Kiyamachi Street - 0.9 km / 0.6 mi
Honnoji Temple - 1.1 km / 0.7 mi
Entokuin Temple - 1.1 km / 0.7 mi
The nearest airports are:
Kansai Intl. Airport (KIX) - 102 km / 63.3 mi
Itami Airport (ITM) - 51.6 km / 32 mi
The preferred airport for Gion Shinmonso is Kansai Intl. Airport (KIX).
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy Government-issued photo identification and a credit card, debit card, or cash deposit may be required at check-in for incidental charges Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges; special requests cannot be guaranteed No onsite parking is available
If you are planning to arrive after 8:00 PM please contact the property in advance using the information on the booking confirmation. Guests must contact the property in advance for check-in instructions. Front desk staff will greet guests on arrival.
Please note, there is important information about this property to know before you arrive.
- The Japanese Ministry of Health, Labour, and Welfare requires all international visitors to submit their passport number and nationality when registering at any lodging facility (inns, hotels, motels, etc. ). Additionally, lodging proprietors are required to photocopy passports for all registering guests and keep the photocopy on file.
- No pets and no service animals are allowed at this property.
You'll be asked to pay the following charges at the property:
- A city tax may be collected at the property, effective October 1, 2018. The city tax ranges from JPY 200-1,000 per person, per night based on the nightly room rate. Please note that further exemptions may apply. For more details, please contact the property using the information on the reservation confirmation received after booking.
- A tax is imposed by the city: JPY 1000 per person, per night
We have included all charges provided to us by the property. However, charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book.
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Fee for Japanese breakfast: JPY 1650 per person (approximately)
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
- -Free WiFi
- -Smoke-free property
- -24-hour front desk
- -Spa tub
- -Breakfast available (surcharge)
- -Luggage storage
- -Tours/ticket assistance
- -Handrails in stairways
- -Wheelchair accessible – no
- -Wheelchairs available on site