Price Beat Guarantee*
Find a lower comparable hotel price online and we'll beat it by 10%. Find out more.
A stay at Wakamiya places you in the heart of Kyoto, within a 10-minute walk of Higashi Honganji Temple and Kyoto Tower. This ryokan is 1.8 mi (2.9 km) from Nijo Castle and 2 mi (3.2 km) from Kiyomizu Temple.
Make yourself at home in one of the 15 air-conditioned rooms featuring minibars. Complimentary wireless Internet access is available to keep you connected. Partially open bathrooms with shower/tub combinations feature complimentary toiletries and hair dryers. Conveniences include phones, as well as laptop-compatible safes and coffee/tea makers.
Take advantage of recreation opportunities such as a spa tub, or other amenities including complimentary wireless Internet access and concierge services. This ryokan also features gift shops/newsstands and a television in a common area.
Satisfy your appetite at the ryokan's coffee shop/café. Quench your thirst with your favorite drink at the bar/lounge. Cooked-to-order breakfasts are available for a fee.
Business, Other Amenities
Featured amenities include a computer station, a 24-hour front desk, and multilingual staff.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy. Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges. Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed. No onsite parking is available. Please note that cultural norms and guest policies may differ by country and by property. The policies listed are provided by the property. For guests arriving at the Wakamiya Ryokan after midnight, please contact the hotel by telephone to arrange for the front door to be unlocked. Pay phones can be found within Kyoto Station, one block from the hotel.
Please note, there is important information about this property to know before you arrive.
Know Before You Go
- The Japanese Ministry of Health, Labour, and Welfare requires all international visitors to submit their passport number and nationality when registering at any lodging facility (inns, hotels, motels, etc. ). Additionally, lodging proprietors are required to photocopy passports for all registering guests and keep the photocopy on file.
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Fee for cooked-to-order breakfast: JPY 1500 per person (approximately)
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
Mandatory Fees and Taxes
- A city tax will be collected at the property effective October 1, 2018. The city tax ranges from JPY 200-1,000 per person, per night based on the nightly room rate. Please note that further exemptions may apply. For more details, please contact the property using the information on the reservation confirmation received after booking.
We have included all charges provided to us by the property. However, charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book.
- -Free WiFi
- -24-hour front desk
- -Safe-deposit box at front desk
- -Spa tub
- -Breakfast available (surcharge)
- -Gift shops or newsstand
- -Concierge services
- -Television in common areas
- -Computer station
- -Multilingual staff
- -Coffee shop or café