Price Beat Guarantee*
Find a lower comparable hotel price online and we'll beat it by 10%. Find out more.
A stay at Wakamiya places you in the heart of Kyoto, within a 15-minute walk of Kyoto Tower and Kyoto Aquarium. This ryokan is 1.5 mi (2.4 km) from Kawaramachi and 1.5 mi (2.4 km) from Nishiki Market.Rooms
Make yourself at home in one of the 15 guestrooms featuring minibars. Complimentary wireless Internet access is available to keep you connected. Partially open bathrooms with shower/tub combinations feature complimentary toiletries and hair dryers. Conveniences include phones, as well as laptop-compatible safes and coffee/tea makers.Amenities
Take advantage of recreation opportunities such as a spa tub, or other amenities including complimentary wireless Internet access and concierge services. This ryokan also features gift shops/newsstands, a television in a common area, and a ballroom.Dining
Satisfy your appetite at the ryokan's coffee shop/café. Quench your thirst with your favorite drink at the bar/lounge. Cooked-to-order breakfasts are available for a fee.Business, Other Amenities
Featured amenities include a computer station, complimentary newspapers in the lobby, and a 24-hour front desk.Attractions
Distances are displayed to the nearest 0.1 mile and kilometer.
Higashi Honganji Temple - 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
Kyoto Tower - 0.6 km / 0.3 mi
Nishihonganji Temple - 0.6 km / 0.4 mi
Costume Museum - 0.7 km / 0.4 mi
Kyoto Aquarium - 1.1 km / 0.7 mi
Umekoji Park - 1.2 km / 0.7 mi
Kyoto Railway Museum - 1.4 km / 0.9 mi
Sanjusangendo Temple - 1.5 km / 0.9 mi
Shijo Omiya - 1.6 km / 1 mi
Kyoto National Museum - 1.6 km / 1 mi
Kyoto TERRSA - 1.7 km / 1.1 mi
Toji Temple - 1.8 km / 1.1 mi
Kyoto Art Center - 2 km / 1.2 mi
Nishiki Market - 2.2 km / 1.3 mi
Kawaramachi - 2.2 km / 1.4 mi
The nearest airports are:
Osaka (KIX-Kansai Intl.) - 98.5 km / 61.2 mi
Osaka (ITM-Itami) - 48 km / 29.8 mi
The preferred airport for Wakamiya is Osaka (KIX-Kansai Intl.).
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card, debit card, or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- No onsite parking is available. Please note that cultural norms and guest policies may differ by country and by property. The policies listed are provided by the property.
For guests arriving at the Wakamiya Ryokan after midnight, please contact the hotel by telephone to arrange for the front door to be unlocked. Pay phones can be found within Kyoto Station, one block from the hotel.
Please note, there is important information about this property to know before you arrive.
- The Japanese Ministry of Health, Labour, and Welfare requires all international visitors to submit their passport number and nationality when registering at any lodging facility (inns, hotels, motels, etc. ). Additionally, lodging proprietors are required to photocopy passports for all registering guests and keep the photocopy on file.
You'll be asked to pay the following charges at the property:
- A city tax may be collected at the property, effective October 1, 2018. The city tax ranges from JPY 200-1,000 per person, per night based on the nightly room rate. Please note that further exemptions may apply. For more details, please contact the property using the information on the reservation confirmation received after booking.
- A tax is imposed by the city: JPY 1000 per person, per night
We have included all charges provided to us by the property. However, charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book.
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Fee for cooked-to-order breakfast: JPY 1500 per person (approximately)
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
- -Free WiFi
- -Smoke-free property
- -24-hour front desk
- -Safe-deposit box at front desk
- -Spa tub
- -Breakfast available (surcharge)
- -Gift shops or newsstand
- -Concierge services
- -Free newspapers in lobby
- -Television in common areas
- -Computer station
- -Multilingual staff
- -Coffee shop or café
- -Luggage storage