A stay at Wakamiya places you in the heart of Kyoto, within a 5-minute drive of Nishiki Market and Kawaramachi. This ryokan is 1.8 mi (2.9 km) from Nijō Castle and 1.9 mi (3.1 km) from Kiyomizu Temple.Rooms
Make yourself at home in one of the 15 guestrooms featuring minibars. Complimentary wireless Internet access is available to keep you connected. Partially open bathrooms with shower/tub combinations feature complimentary toiletries and hair dryers. Conveniences include phones, as well as laptop-compatible safes and coffee/tea makers.Amenities
Make use of convenient amenities such as complimentary wireless Internet access, gift shops/newsstands, and a television in a common area.Dining
Satisfy your appetite at the ryokan's coffee shop/café. Cooked-to-order breakfasts are available daily from 7:00 AM to 9:00 AM for a fee.Business, Other Amenities
Featured amenities include a computer station, complimentary newspapers in the lobby, and a 24-hour front desk.Attractions
Distances are displayed to the nearest 0.1 mile and kilometer.
Higashi Honganji Temple - 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
Kyoto Tower - 0.6 km / 0.3 mi
Nishihonganji Temple - 0.6 km / 0.4 mi
Kyoto Aquarium - 1.1 km / 0.7 mi
Umekoji Park - 1.2 km / 0.7 mi
Kyoto Railway Museum - 1.4 km / 0.9 mi
Sanjusangendo Temple - 1.5 km / 0.9 mi
Shijo Omiya - 1.6 km / 1 mi
Kyoto National Museum - 1.6 km / 1 mi
Kyoto TERRSA - 1.7 km / 1.1 mi
Toji Temple - 1.8 km / 1.1 mi
Nishiki Market - 2.2 km / 1.3 mi
Kawaramachi - 2.3 km / 1.4 mi
Rokakkudo Temple - 2.4 km / 1.5 mi
Pontocho - 2.6 km / 1.6 mi
The nearest airports are:
Osaka (KIX-Kansai Intl.) - 98.5 km / 61.2 mi
Osaka (ITM-Itami) - 43.3 km / 26.9 mi
The preferred airport for Wakamiya is Osaka (KIX-Kansai Intl.).
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card, debit card, or cash deposit may be required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- No onsite parking is available. Please note that cultural norms and guest policies may differ by country and by property. The policies listed are provided by the property.
If you are planning to arrive after 10:00 PM please contact the property in advance using the information on the booking confirmation. Guests must contact the property in advance for check-in instructions. Front desk staff will greet guests on arrival. For guests arriving at the Wakamiya Ryokan after midnight, please contact the hotel by telephone to arrange for the front door to be unlocked. Pay phones can be found within Kyoto Station, one block from the hotel.
Please note, there is important information about this property to know before you arrive.
- The Japanese Ministry of Health, Labour, and Welfare requires all international visitors to submit their passport number and nationality when registering at any lodging facility (inns, hotels, motels, etc. ). Additionally, lodging proprietors are required to photocopy passports for all registering guests and keep the photocopy on file.
- No pets and no service animals are allowed at this property.
You'll be asked to pay the following charges at the property:
- A city tax may be collected at the property, effective October 1, 2018. The city tax ranges from JPY 200-1,000 per person, per night based on the nightly room rate. Please note that further exemptions may apply. For more details, please contact the property using the information on the reservation confirmation received after booking.
- A tax is imposed by the city: JPY 1000 per person, per night
We have included all charges provided to us by the property. However, charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book.
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Fee for cooked-to-order breakfast: JPY 1650 for adults and JPY 1650 for children (approximately)
- Nearby parking fee: JPY 2200 per day (open 24 hours)
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
- -Free WiFi
- -Smoke-free property
- -24-hour front desk
- -Safe-deposit box at front desk
- -Breakfast available (surcharge)
- -Gift shops or newsstand
- -Free newspapers in lobby
- -Television in common areas
- -Computer station
- -Multilingual staff
- -Coffee shop or café
- -Luggage storage
- -Street parking
- -Lot Hours - 24 hours
- -Distance from property (meters) - 200
- -Wheelchair-accessible path to elevator
- -Wheelchair accessible – no
- -Well-lit path to entrance