The Principal Edinburgh George Street
Price Beat Guarantee*
Find a lower comparable hotel price online and we'll beat it by 10%. Find out more.
The Principal Edinburgh George Street is centrally located in Edinburgh, a 4-minute walk from Princes Street Gardens and 10 minutes by foot from Edinburgh Playhouse Theatre. This 5-star hotel is 0.7 mi (1.1 km) from St. Giles' Cathedral and 0.8 mi (1.3 km) from Greyfriars Kirk.
Make yourself at home in one of the 240 guestrooms. Complimentary wired and wireless Internet access keeps you connected, and digital programming provides entertainment. Bathrooms have rainfall showerheads and complimentary toiletries. Conveniences include phones, as well as safes and desks.
Take advantage of recreation opportunities such as a fitness center, or other amenities including complimentary wireless Internet access and concierge services.
Enjoy a meal at Burr & Co or snacks in the coffee shop/café. The hotel also offers 24-hour room service. Quench your thirst with your favorite drink at the bar/lounge. Full breakfasts are available for a fee.
Business, Other Amenities
Featured amenities include a business center, express check-in, and complimentary newspapers in the lobby.
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy. Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges. Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed. No onsite parking is available. Parties and events are allowed on site. Please note that cultural norms and guest policies may differ by country and by property. The policies listed are provided by the property. The name of this property was previously The George. The credit card used to book the reservation must be presented by the cardholder at check-in. For more details, please contact the property using the information on the reservation confirmation received after booking.
Please note, there is important information about this property to know before you arrive.
This establishment has received its official star rating from VisitScotland, the National Tourist Board for Scotland.
Know Before You Go
- Up to 10 children 1 year old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding.
- The property allows pets in specific rooms only and has other pet restrictions (surcharges apply and can be found in the Fees section). Guests can arrange to bring pets by contacting the property directly, using the contact information on the booking confirmation.
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Fee for full breakfast: GBP 15.95 per person (approximately)
- Pet fee: GBP 30 per pet, per night
- Early check-in fee: GBP 10 (subject to availability)
- Late check-out fee: GBP 10 (subject to availability)
- Rollaway bed fee: GBP 30.00 per night
- Onsite credit card charges are subject to a surcharge
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
Mandatory Fees and Taxes
You'll be asked to pay the following charges at the property:
- Deposit: GBP 50 per night
We have included all charges provided to us by the property. However, charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book.
- -Accessible bathroom
- -In-room accessibility
- -Roll-in shower
- -Free WiFi
- -Fitness facilities
- -Free newspapers in lobby
- -Concierge services
- -Breakfast available (surcharge)
- -Laundry facilities
- -Coffee shop or café
- -Multilingual staff
- -Business center
- -Dry cleaning/laundry service
- -Wedding services
- -Tours/ticket assistance
- -Luggage storage
- -Offsite parking discounted rates available
- -Safe-deposit box at front desk
- -24-hour front desk
- -Smoke-free property
- -Express check-in
- -Coffee/tea in common areas