Located in Broxburn, Macdonald Houstoun House is in a rural location, within a 15-minute drive of Five Sisters Zoo and Royal Highland Centre. This 4-star hotel is 7 mi (11.2 km) from Linlithgow Palace and 7.6 mi (12.2 km) from Edinburgh International Climbing Arena Ratho.Rooms
Make yourself at home in one of the 71 guestrooms. Complimentary wireless Internet access keeps you connected, and satellite programming is available for your entertainment. Private bathrooms with shower/tub combinations feature complimentary toiletries and hair dryers. Conveniences include phones, as well as desks and electric kettles.Amenities
Pamper yourself with a visit to the spa, which offers massages, body treatments, and facials. You're sure to appreciate the recreational amenities, including a health club, an indoor pool, and an outdoor tennis court. Additional features at this hotel include complimentary wireless Internet access and wedding services.Dining
Satisfy your appetite for dinner at The Tower Restaurant, a restaurant which specializes in local cuisine, or stay in and take advantage of the room service (during limited hours). Wrap up your day with a drink at the bar/lounge. Full breakfasts are available daily from 8 AM to 10 AM for a fee.Business, Other Amenities
Featured amenities include express check-in, express check-out, and dry cleaning/laundry services.Attractions
Distances are displayed to the nearest 0.1 mile and kilometer.
Almondvale Stadium - 6.2 km / 3.9 mi
Beecraigs Country Park - 6.6 km / 4.1 mi
Livingston Designer Outlet - 6.9 km / 4.3 mi
Almond Valley Heritage Trust - 7.1 km / 4.4 mi
House of the Binns - 9.6 km / 6 mi
Linlithgow Burgh Halls - 9.8 km / 6.1 mi
St. Michael's Parish Church - 9.9 km / 6.1 mi
Linlithgow Palace - 11.2 km / 7 mi
Five Sisters Zoo - 11.4 km / 7.1 mi
Blackness Castle - 11.5 km / 7.2 mi
Edinburgh International Climbing Arena Ratho - 12.2 km / 7.6 mi
West Lothian Golf Club - 13.2 km / 8.2 mi
Muiravonside Country Park - 13.9 km / 8.6 mi
Dalmahoy Golf Course - 14.1 km / 8.8 mi
Port Edgar - 14.4 km / 8.9 mi
The preferred airport for Macdonald Houstoun House is Edinburgh (EDI) - 16.2 km / 10.1 mi
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card, debit card, or cash deposit may be required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- No onsite parking is available.
- The name on the credit card used at check-in to pay for incidentals must be the primary name on the guestroom reservation. Guests must contact this property in advance to reserve cribs/infant beds, rollaway/extra beds, and sofa beds. Safety features at this property include a carbon monoxide detector, a fire extinguisher, a smoke detector, a security system, a first aid kit, and window guards.
- This property advises that enhanced cleaning and guest safety measures are currently in place.
- Disinfectant is used to clean the property; commonly-touched surfaces are cleaned with disinfectant between stays; bed sheets and towels are laundered at a temperature of at least 60°C/140°F.
- Social distancing measures are in place; staff at the property wear personal protective equipment; a shield is in place between staff and guests in main contact areas; periodic temperature checks are conducted on staff; guests are provided with hand sanitizer.
- Contactless check-in and contactless check-out are available.
- Individually-wrapped food options are available for breakfast and through room service.
- Each guestroom is kept vacant for a minimum of 24 hours between bookings. Please note that cultural norms and guest policies may differ by country and by property. The policies listed are provided by the property.
Front desk staff will greet guests on arrival. Due to COVID-19 travel restrictions, this property can only accept bookings for essential travel or stays. You may be asked to provide evidence of this on arrival.
Please note, there is important information about this property to know before you arrive.
- The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation.
- The property allows pets in specific rooms only and has other pet restrictions (surcharges apply and can be found in the Fees section). Guests can arrange to bring pets by contacting the property directly, using the contact information on the booking confirmation.
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Fee for full breakfast: GBP 18.00 for adults and GBP 12.50 for children (approximately)
- Pet fee: GBP 20.00 per pet, per night
- Service animals are exempt from fees
- Rollaway bed fee: GBP 25.0 per night
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
- -Tennis on site
- -Indoor pool
- -In-room accessibility
- -Accessible bathroom
- -Free WiFi
- -Wedding services
- -Smoke-free property
- -Dry cleaning/laundry service
- -24-hour front desk
- -Safe-deposit box at front desk
- -Laundry facilities
- -Breakfast available (surcharge)
- -Conference space
- -Spa treatment room(s)
- -Health club
- -Full-service spa
- -Outdoor tennis court
- -Express check-in
- -Express check-out
- -Luggage storage
- -Steam room
- -Meeting rooms
- -Wheelchair accessible (may have limitations)
- -Wheelchair accessible parking
- -Wheelchair-accessible registration desk
- -Well-lit path to entrance