With a stay at Gion Ryokan Karaku in Kyoto (Gion), you'll be a 3-minute walk from Yasaka Shrine and 13 minutes by foot from Kawaramachi. This ryokan is 0.8 mi (1.2 km) from Kiyomizu Temple and 0.5 mi (0.8 km) from Kyoto MINAMIZA Theatre.Rooms
Make yourself at home in one of the 22 air-conditioned rooms featuring refrigerators. Complimentary wireless Internet access is available to keep you connected. Bathrooms feature shower/tub combinations, complimentary toiletries, and hair dryers. Conveniences include phones, as well as safes and complimentary bottled water.Amenities
Make use of convenient amenities such as complimentary wireless Internet access, gift shops/newsstands, and a ballroom.Dining
Local cuisine breakfasts are available daily from 7:30 AM to 9 AM for a fee.Business, Other Amenities
Featured amenities include complimentary newspapers in the lobby, a 24-hour front desk, and luggage storage. Self parking (subject to charges) is available onsite.Attractions
Distances are displayed to the nearest 0.1 mile and kilometer.
Yasaka Shrine - 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
Kodaiji Temple - 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
Maruyama Park - 0.4 km / 0.2 mi
Chion-in Temple - 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
Gion Corner - 0.6 km / 0.4 mi
Gion Shirakawa Area - 0.7 km / 0.4 mi
Kyoto MINAMIZA Theatre - 0.8 km / 0.5 mi
Kenninji Temple - 0.8 km / 0.5 mi
Shoren-in Temple - 0.8 km / 0.5 mi
Pontocho - 0.9 km / 0.5 mi
Kiyamachi Street - 0.9 km / 0.6 mi
Kyoto Tourist Information Center - 1.1 km / 0.7 mi
Kawaramachi - 1.1 km / 0.7 mi
Kiyomizu Temple - 1.2 km / 0.8 mi
Nishiki Market - 1.3 km / 0.8 mi
The nearest airports are:
Osaka (KIX-Kansai Intl.) - 101.5 km / 63 mi
Osaka (ITM-Itami) - 47.2 km / 29.3 mi
The preferred airport for Gion Ryokan Karaku is Osaka (KIX-Kansai Intl.).
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card, debit card, or cash deposit may be required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
This property doesn't offer after-hours check-in.
Please note, there is important information about this property to know before you arrive.
- The Japanese Ministry of Health, Labour, and Welfare requires all international visitors to submit their passport number and nationality when registering at any lodging facility (inns, hotels, motels, etc. ). Additionally, lodging proprietors are required to photocopy passports for all registering guests and keep the photocopy on file.
You'll be asked to pay the following charges at the property:
- A city tax may be collected at the property, effective October 1, 2018. The city tax ranges from JPY 200-1,000 per person, per night based on the nightly room rate. Please note that further exemptions may apply. For more details, please contact the property using the information on the reservation confirmation received after booking.
- A tax is imposed by the city: JPY 1000 per person, per night
We have included all charges provided to us by the property. However, charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book.
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Fee for local cuisine breakfast: JPY 2200 for adults and JPY 2200 for children (approximately)
- Self parking fee: JPY 2000 per day
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
- -Free WiFi
- -24-hour front desk
- -Safe-deposit box at front desk
- -Breakfast available (surcharge)
- -Gift shops or newsstand
- -Free newspapers in lobby
- -Self parking (surcharge)
- -Banquet hall
- -Designated smoking areas
- -Water dispenser
- -Luggage storage
- -Wheelchair accessible (may have limitations)