In the heart of Kyoto, The Screen is within a 5-minute drive of Teramachi Street and Kyoto International Manga Museum. This 4-star hotel is 1.1 mi (1.7 km) from Heian Shrine and 1.3 mi (2.1 km) from Nishiki Market.Rooms
Make yourself at home in one of the 13 individually decorated guestrooms, featuring refrigerators and iPod docking stations. Your pillowtop bed comes with down comforters and premium bedding. 55-inch LCD televisions with satellite programming provide entertainment, while complimentary wireless Internet access keeps you connected. Private bathrooms with separate bathtubs and showers feature deep soaking bathtubs and rainfall showerheads.Amenities
Treat yourself with massages, body treatments, and facials. Additional features at this hotel include complimentary wireless Internet access, concierge services, and babysitting/childcare.Dining
Stop by the hotel's restaurant, BRON RONNERY, for lunch or dinner, or grab snacks at the coffee shop/café. Quench your thirst with your favorite drink at the bar/lounge. Cooked-to-order breakfasts are available for a fee.Business, Other Amenities
Featured amenities include a business center, complimentary newspapers in the lobby, and dry cleaning/laundry services.Attractions
Distances are displayed to the nearest 0.1 mile and kilometer.
Kyoto University - 0.6 km / 0.4 mi
Kiyamachi Street - 0.7 km / 0.4 mi
Honnoji Temple - 1 km / 0.6 mi
Teramachi Street - 1.1 km / 0.7 mi
Pontocho - 1.2 km / 0.7 mi
Kyoto International Manga Museum - 1.3 km / 0.8 mi
Kawaramachi - 1.4 km / 0.8 mi
Nishiki Market - 1.4 km / 0.9 mi
Kyoto Imperial Palace - 1.5 km / 0.9 mi
Gion Shirakawa Area - 1.7 km / 1 mi
Mikane Shrine - 1.7 km / 1 mi
Rokakkudo Temple - 1.7 km / 1.1 mi
Miyakomesse - 1.7 km / 1.1 mi
Kyoto MINAMIZA Theatre - 1.9 km / 1.2 mi
Heian Shrine - 2 km / 1.2 mi
The nearest airports are:
Kansai Intl. Airport (KIX) - 102.8 km / 63.8 mi
Itami Airport (ITM) - 52.4 km / 32.5 mi
The preferred airport for The Screen is Kansai Intl. Airport (KIX).
- Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
- Government-issued photo identification and a credit card, debit card, or cash deposit may be required at check-in for incidental charges
- Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges; special requests cannot be guaranteed
- No onsite parking is available
- The name on the credit card used at check-in to pay for incidentals must be the primary name on the guestroom reservation
- This property accepts credit cards and cash
- Safety features at this property include a carbon monoxide detector, a fire extinguisher, a smoke detector, a security system, a first aid kit, and window guards
If you are planning to arrive after 9:00 PM please contact the property in advance using the information on the booking confirmation. Front desk staff will greet guests on arrival.
Please note, there is important information about this property to know before you arrive.
- The Japanese Ministry of Health, Labour, and Welfare requires all international visitors to submit their passport number and nationality when registering at any lodging facility (inns, hotels, motels, etc. ). Additionally, lodging proprietors are required to photocopy passports for all registering guests and keep the photocopy on file.
- No pets and no service animals are allowed at this property.
- This property advises that enhanced cleaning and guest safety measures are currently in place.
- Disinfectant is used to clean the property; commonly-touched surfaces are cleaned with disinfectant between stays; bed sheets and towels are laundered at a temperature of at least 60°C/140°F.
- Social distancing measures are in place; staff at the property wear personal protective equipment; a shield is in place between staff and guests in main contact areas; periodic temperature checks are conducted on staff; temperature checks are available to guests; guests are provided with hand sanitizer.
You'll be asked to pay the following charges at the property:
- A city tax may be collected at the property, effective October 1, 2018. The city tax ranges from JPY 200-1,000 per person, per night based on the nightly room rate. Please note that further exemptions may apply. For more details, please contact the property using the information on the reservation confirmation received after booking.
- A tax is imposed by the city: JPY 1000 per person, per night
We have included all charges provided to us by the property. However, charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book.
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Fee for cooked-to-order breakfast: JPY 3000 per person (approximately)
- Rollaway bed fee: JPY 9900 per night
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
- -Snack bar/deli
- -Free WiFi
- -Wedding services
- -Smoke-free property
- -Dry cleaning/laundry service
- -24-hour front desk
- -Laundry facilities
- -Breakfast available (surcharge)
- -Concierge services
- -Business center
- -Free newspapers in lobby
- -Luggage storage
- -Computer station
- -Spa treatment room(s)
- -Multilingual staff
- -Banquet hall
- -Coffee shop or café
- -Rooftop terrace
- -Spa services on site
- -Reception hall
- -Babysitting or childcare
- -Braille or raised signage
- -Wheelchair-accessible path to elevator
- -Wheelchair accessible – no