Price Beat Guarantee*
Find a lower comparable hotel price online and we'll beat it by 10%. Find out more.
With a stay at Portola Hotel & Spa at Monterey Bay, you'll be centrally located in Monterey, just a 4-minute walk from Fisherman's Wharf and 12 minutes by foot from Monterey Bay. This 4-star resort is 0.8 mi (1.4 km) from Cannery Row and 1.6 mi (2.5 km) from Monterey Bay Aquarium.Rooms
Make yourself at home in one of the 379 guestrooms featuring refrigerators and LCD televisions. Your pillowtop bed comes with premium bedding. Cable programming provides entertainment, and wired and wireless Internet access is available for a surcharge. Private bathrooms with bathtubs or showers feature complimentary toiletries and hair dryers.Amenities
Pamper yourself with a visit to the spa, which offers body treatments and facials. You're sure to appreciate the recreational amenities, including an outdoor pool and a 24-hour fitness center. This resort also features wireless Internet access (surcharge), concierge services, and shopping on site. If you'd like to spend the day shopping, you can hop on the complimentary shuttle.Dining
Enjoy Californian cuisine at Jacks Monterey, one of the resort's 3 restaurants, or stay in and take advantage of the room service (during limited hours). Snacks are also available at the coffee shop/café. Relax with a refreshing drink at one of the 2 bars/lounges. Buffet breakfasts are available daily from 6 AM to 11 AM for a fee.Business, Other Amenities
Featured amenities include a business center, express check-out, and dry cleaning/laundry services. Planning an event in Monterey? This resort has facilities measuring 60000 square feet (5574 square meters), including conference space. Self parking (subject to charges) is available onsite.Attractions
Distances are displayed to the nearest 0.1 mile and kilometer.
Monterey Convention Center - 0.1 km / 0.1 mi
Maritime Museum - 0.1 km / 0.1 mi
Golden State Theatre - 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
Dali17 Museum - 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
Monterey State Historic Park - 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
Pacific House Museum - 0.4 km / 0.2 mi
Fisherman's Wharf - 0.4 km / 0.2 mi
Monterey County Youth Museum - 0.4 km / 0.2 mi
California's First Brick House - 0.4 km / 0.3 mi
Monterey Sports Center - 0.4 km / 0.3 mi
Cooper-Molera Adobe - 0.4 km / 0.3 mi
Perry House - 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
Monterey Museum of Art - 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
Stevenson House - 0.6 km / 0.4 mi
Colton Hall Museum - 0.6 km / 0.4 mi
The nearest airports are:
Monterey, CA (MRY-Monterey Peninsula) - 5.2 km / 3.2 mi
Salinas, CA (SNS-Salinas Municipal) - 33.6 km / 20.9 mi
Watsonville, CA (WVI-Watsonville Municipal) - 46.5 km / 28.9 mi
The preferred airport for Portola Hotel & Spa at Monterey Bay is Monterey, CA (MRY-Monterey Peninsula).
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
Please note, there is important information about this property to know before you arrive.
- This property's policy is to refuse certain bookings for the purpose of group events or parties, including pre-wedding stag/bachelor and hen/bachelorette parties.
- Reservations are required for massage services and spa treatments. Reservations can be made by contacting the resort prior to arrival, using the contact information on the booking confirmation.
- Only registered guests are allowed in the guestrooms.
- The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation.
- Some facilities may have restricted access. Guests can contact the property for details using the contact information on the booking confirmation.
- The property allows pets in specific rooms only and has other pet restrictions (surcharges apply and can be found in the Fees section). Guests can arrange to bring pets by contacting the property directly, using the contact information on the booking confirmation.
You'll be asked to pay the following charges at the property:
- Tourism fee: USD 2.00 per accommodation, per night
- 1 percent destination fee will be charged
We have included all charges provided to us by the property. However, charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book.
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Fee for buffet breakfast: USD 20 for adults and USD 5.95 for children (approximately)
- Fee for in-room wireless Internet: USD 9.95 per 24-hour period (rates may vary)
- Fee for in-room wired Internet: USD 9.95 per 24-hour period (rates may vary)
- Fee for wireless Internet in public areas: USD 9.95 per night (rates may vary)
- Self parking fee: USD 21.00 per day (in/out privileges)
- Valet parking fee: USD 24.00 per day (in/out privileges)
- Pet fee: USD 50 per accommodation, per night (maximum USD 100 per stay)
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
- -24-hour fitness facilities
- -In-room accessibility
- -Roll-in shower
- -Accessible bathroom
- -Wedding services
- -Smoke-free property
- -Dry cleaning/laundry service
- -24-hour front desk
- -Safe-deposit box at front desk
- -Breakfast available (surcharge)
- -Conference space
- -Concierge services
- -Outdoor pool
- -Business center
- -Self parking (surcharge)
- -Spa treatment room(s)
- -Multilingual staff
- -Shopping on site
- -Coffee shop or café
- -Free shopping center shuttle
- -Tours/ticket assistance
- -Full-service spa
- -Spa services on site
- -Number of restaurants - 3
- -Number of bars/lounges - 2
- -Number of floors - 7
- -Number of buildings/towers - 9
- -Total number of rooms - 379
- -Conference space size (feet) - 60000
- -Conference space size (meters) - 5574
- -Express check-out
- -Luggage storage
- -WiFi (surcharge)
- -Valet parking (surcharge)
- -Meeting rooms