When you stay at Hyatt Carmel Highlands, Overlooking Big Sur Coast in Carmel, you'll be in a state park, within a 10-minute drive of Carmel Beach and Point Lobos State Reserve. This 4-star resort is 6 mi (9.6 km) from 17-Mile Drive and 8.6 mi (13.8 km) from Monterey Bay.Rooms
Make yourself at home in one of the 142 guestrooms featuring refrigerators and iPod docking stations. Rooms have private balconies or patios. Flat-screen televisions with cable programming provide entertainment, while complimentary wireless Internet access keeps you connected. Bathrooms have complimentary toiletries and hair dryers.Amenities
Don't miss out on the many recreational opportunities, including an outdoor pool, a spa tub, and a fitness center. Additional features at this resort include complimentary wireless Internet access, concierge services, and gift shops/newsstands.Dining
Enjoy a meal at the restaurant, or stay in and take advantage of the resort's room service (during limited hours). Wrap up your day with a drink at the bar/lounge. Breakfast is available daily for a fee.Business, Other Amenities
Featured amenities include a business center, complimentary newspapers in the lobby, and dry cleaning/laundry services. Free valet parking is available onsite.Attractions
Distances are displayed to the nearest 0.1 mile and kilometer.
Gravity Garden - 1 km / 0.6 mi
Hidden Beach - 3.4 km / 2.1 mi
Gibson Beach - 3.6 km / 2.2 mi
China Cove - 3.6 km / 2.2 mi
Monastery Beach - 3.9 km / 2.4 mi
Point Lobos State Reserve - 4.1 km / 2.5 mi
Carmel River State Beach - 5.2 km / 3.3 mi
Garrapata Beach - 5.6 km / 3.5 mi
Garrapata State Park - 5.7 km / 3.5 mi
The Barnyard - 6.6 km / 4.1 mi
Smallsea, A Metropolis in Miniature - 6.7 km / 4.1 mi
Carmel Mission Basilica - 6.8 km / 4.2 mi
Sunset Center - 7.8 km / 4.9 mi
Carmel Beach - 8 km / 5 mi
Golden Bough Playhouse - 8.1 km / 5 mi
The nearest airports are:
Monterey, CA (MRY-Monterey Peninsula) - 16.6 km / 10.3 mi
Salinas, CA (SNS-Salinas Municipal) - 45.1 km / 28 mi
Watsonville, CA (WVI-Watsonville Municipal) - 57.9 km / 36 mi
The preferred airport for Hyatt Carmel Highlands, Overlooking Big Sur Coast is Monterey, CA (MRY-Monterey Peninsula).
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card, debit card, or cash deposit may be required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- Safety features at this property include a carbon monoxide detector, a fire extinguisher, a smoke detector, a first aid kit, and window guards.
- This property advises that enhanced cleaning and guest safety measures are currently in place.
- Disinfectant is used to clean the property; commonly-touched surfaces are cleaned with disinfectant between stays; bed sheets and towels are laundered at a temperature of at least 60°C/140°F.
- Personal protective equipment, including masks and gloves, will be available to guests.
- Contactless check-in and contactless check-out are available.
- The property affirms that it follows sanitization practices of GBAC STAR (Hyatt) guidelines. Please note that cultural norms and guest policies may differ by country and by property. The policies listed are provided by the property.
Front desk staff will greet guests on arrival. It is Hyatt's practice to enter any occupied guestroom at a minimum of once within a 24-hour period, even if a guest has requested privacy. Appropriate efforts are made to provide advance notice to the registered guest before entering an occupied guestroom.
Please note, there is important information about this property to know before you arrive.
You'll be asked to pay the following charges at the property:
- Destination fee: USD 2.50 per accommodation, per night
- Resort fee: USD 22.10 per accommodation, per night
- Fitness center access
- Business center/computer access
- Phone calls
- In-room safe
- In-room coffee
- Concierge/valet service
- Additional inclusions
We have included all charges provided to us by the property. However, charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book.
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Breakfast fee: between USD 15 and USD 35 per person (approximately)
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
- -Accessible bathroom
- -In-room accessibility
- -Free newspapers in lobby
- -Breakfast available (surcharge)
- -24-hour front desk
- -Concierge services
- -Smoke-free property
- -Gift shops or newsstand
- -Free WiFi
- -Outdoor pool
- -Spa tub
- -Fitness facilities
- -Barbecue grill(s)
- -Laundry facilities
- -Dry cleaning/laundry service
- -Free self parking
- -Business center
- -Conference space
- -Tours/ticket assistance
- -Spa services on site
- -Free valet parking
- -Wheelchair accessible (may have limitations)
- -Proposal/romance packages available
- -Fireplace in lobby
- -Luggage storage
- -Meeting rooms
- -Wheelchair-accessible registration desk
- -Wheelchair-accessible pool
- -Wheelchair-accessible fitness center
- -Wheelchair-accessible meeting spaces/business center
- -Wheelchair-accessible van parking
- -Wheelchair-accessible path to elevator
- -Handrails in stairways
- -Visual alarms in hallways
- -Wheelchair-accessible public washroom
- -Wheelchair-accessible on-site restaurant
- -Wheelchair-accessible lounge
- -Assistive listening devices in meeting rooms
- -Wheelchair-accessible concierge desk
- -Handrails in hallways
- -Wheelchairs available on site
- -Valet for wheelchair-equipped vehicle
- -Wheelchair accessible path of travel
- -Wheelchair accessible parking
- -Assistive listening devices available