Price Beat Guarantee*
Find a lower comparable hotel price online and we'll beat it by 10%. Find out more.
You'll be centrally located in Chicago with a stay at The Ambassador Chicago, a Joie de Vivre Hotel, within a 15-minute walk of Chicago History Museum and 900 North Michigan Shops. This 4-star hotel is 0.8 mi (1.3 km) from North Avenue Beach and 1.9 mi (3.1 km) from Peggy Notebaert Nature Museum.Rooms
Make yourself at home in one of the 285 air-conditioned rooms featuring minibars and LCD televisions. Complimentary wired and wireless Internet access keeps you connected, and digital programming provides entertainment. Private bathrooms with shower/tub combinations feature complimentary toiletries and hair dryers. Conveniences include phones, as well as safes and desks.Amenities
Take advantage of recreation opportunities such as a 24-hour fitness center, or other amenities including complimentary wireless Internet access and concierge services. Additional features at this hotel include wedding services and a fireplace in the lobby.Dining
Enjoy American cuisine at Our Restaurant, one of the hotel's 2 restaurants, or stay in and take advantage of the 24-hour room service. Snacks are also available at the coffee shop/café. Need to unwind? Take a break with a tasty beverage at one of the 2 bars/lounges. Full breakfasts are available daily for a fee.Business, Other Amenities
Featured amenities include complimentary wired Internet access, a 24-hour business center, and limo/town car service. Planning an event in Chicago? This hotel has facilities measuring 8600 square feet (799 square meters), including conference space.Attractions
Distances are displayed to the nearest 0.1 mile and kilometer.
State Street - 0.6 km / 0.4 mi
Michigan Avenue - 0.8 km / 0.5 mi
Newberry Library - 0.9 km / 0.5 mi
Chicago History Museum - 0.9 km / 0.6 mi
900 North Michigan Shops - 0.9 km / 0.6 mi
John Hancock Center - 1 km / 0.6 mi
North Avenue Beach - 1.1 km / 0.7 mi
Second City - 1.1 km / 0.7 mi
Holy Name Cathedral - 1.2 km / 0.7 mi
Water Tower Place - 1.2 km / 0.7 mi
Broadway Playhouse - 1.3 km / 0.8 mi
Chicago Water Tower - 1.3 km / 0.8 mi
Museum of Contemporary Art - 1.4 km / 0.9 mi
Chinese Consulate - 1.4 km / 0.9 mi
Ann and Robert H. Lurie Children's Hospital - 1.5 km / 0.9 mi
The nearest airports are:
Chicago, IL (ORD-O'Hare Intl.) - 28 km / 17.4 mi
Chicago, IL (MDW-Midway Intl.) - 24.3 km / 15.1 mi
Chicago, IL (PWK-Chicago Executive) - 40.3 km / 25 mi
The preferred airport for The Ambassador Chicago, a Joie de Vivre Hotel is Chicago, IL (ORD-O'Hare Intl.).
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- Please note that cultural norms and guest policies may differ by country and by property. The policies listed are provided by the property.
It is Hyatt's practice to enter any occupied guestroom at a minimum of once within a 24-hour period, even if a guest has requested privacy. Appropriate efforts are made to provide advance notice to the registered guest before entering an occupied guestroom.
Please note, there is important information about this property to know before you arrive.
- Only registered guests are allowed in the guestrooms.
- The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation.
- Guests can arrange to bring pets by contacting the property directly, using the contact information on the booking confirmation (surcharges apply and can be found in the Fees section).
You'll be asked to pay the following charges at the property:
- Deposit: USD 100.00 per day
We have included all charges provided to us by the property. However, charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book.
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Breakfast fee: between USD 9.00 and USD 75.00 per person (approximately)
- Valet parking fee: USD 67 per night (in/out privileges)
- Pet fee: USD 75.00 per accommodation, per stay
- Service animals are exempt from fees
- Rollaway bed fee: USD 30 per night
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
- -Wedding services
- -Accessible bathroom
- -In-room accessibility
- -Multilingual staff
- -Television in common areas
- -Computer station
- -Free wired Internet
- -Limo or Town Car service available
- -Roll-in shower
- -Breakfast available (surcharge)
- -Coffee shop or café
- -Safe-deposit box at front desk
- -24-hour front desk
- -Concierge services
- -Smoke-free property
- -Free WiFi
- -24-hour fitness facilities
- -Fitness facilities
- -Dry cleaning/laundry service
- -24-hour business center
- -Conference space
- -Tours/ticket assistance
- -Number of bars/lounges - 2
- -Valet parking (surcharge)
- -Wheelchair accessible (may have limitations)
- -Conference space size (feet) - 8600
- -Conference space size (meters) - 799
- -Fireplace in lobby
- -Offsite parking discounted rates available
- -Number of restaurants - 2
- -Luggage storage
- -Express check-in
- -Express check-out
- -Meeting rooms
- -Wheelchair-accessible registration desk
- -Wheelchair-accessible fitness center
- -Wheelchair-accessible meeting spaces/business center
- -Wheelchair-accessible public washroom
- -Wheelchair-accessible on-site restaurant
- -Wheelchair-accessible lounge
- -Wheelchair-accessible concierge desk
- -Wheelchair accessible path of travel
- -Wheelchair accessible parking
- -Braille or raised signage
- -Assistive listening devices available