Located in Adamstown Heights, Mercure Charlestown is within a 15-minute drive of Charlestown Square and Lake Macquarie. This 4-star hotel is 4.1 mi (6.6 km) from John Hunter Hospital and 5.9 mi (9.5 km) from Newcastle Beach.Rooms
Make yourself at home in one of the 53 air-conditioned rooms featuring refrigerators and LCD televisions. Complimentary wireless Internet access keeps you connected, and satellite programming is available for your entertainment. Private bathrooms with shower/tub combinations feature complimentary toiletries and hair dryers. Conveniences include phones, as well as desks and minibars.Amenities
Take advantage of recreation opportunities such as an outdoor pool or take in the view from a terrace and a garden. Additional features at this hotel include complimentary wireless Internet access, concierge services, and a television in a common area.Dining
Enjoy Modern European cuisine at Madison Kitchen + Bar, a restaurant where you can enjoy drinks at the bar/lounge, take in the garden view, and even dine alfresco. You can also stay in and take advantage of the room service (during limited hours). Full breakfasts are served on weekdays from 6:30 AM to 9:30 AM and on weekends from 7 AM to 10 AM for a fee.Business, Other Amenities
Featured amenities include a computer station, dry cleaning/laundry services, and laundry facilities. Planning an event in Adamstown Heights? This hotel has 538 square feet (50 square meters) of space consisting of conference space and a meeting room. A roundtrip airport shuttle is provided for a surcharge (available 24 hours), and free self parking is available onsite.Attractions
Distances are displayed to the nearest 0.1 mile and kilometer.
Charlestown Square - 1.6 km / 1 mi
Banksia Reserve - 1.9 km / 1.2 mi
Westfield Kotara - 2.5 km / 1.6 mi
Twin Creeks Reserve - 2.7 km / 1.7 mi
Carbeen Street Reserve - 2.8 km / 1.7 mi
Blackbutt Reserve - 3.2 km / 2 mi
Burwood Beach - 4.5 km / 2.8 mi
Newcastle International Hockey Centre - 4.9 km / 3.1 mi
Glenrock State Conervation - 2.3 km / 1.5 mi
Awabakal Nature Reserve - 5.1 km / 3.2 mi
Bangalay Reserve - 6.1 km / 3.8 mi
Dudley Beach - 6.2 km / 3.8 mi
Merewether Beach - 6.3 km / 3.9 mi
Hunter Ice Skating Stadium - 6.3 km / 3.9 mi
Merewether Ocean Baths - 6.3 km / 3.9 mi
The preferred airport for Mercure Charlestown is Newcastle, NSW (NTL-Williamtown) - 31.9 km / 19.8 mi
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card, debit card, or cash deposit may be required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- Please note that cultural norms and guest policies may differ by country and by property. The policies listed are provided by the property.
The front desk is open daily from 6:30 AM - 10 PM. If you are planning to arrive after 9 PM please contact the property in advance using the information on the booking confirmation. Front desk staff will greet guests on arrival. For more details, please contact the property using the information on the booking confirmation. 24-hour airport shuttle service is available. Fees may apply. Contact the property in advance to make arrangements.
Please note, there is important information about this property to know before you arrive.
- This property offers transfers from the airport (surcharges may apply). Guests must contact the property with arrival details before travel, using the contact information on the booking confirmation.
- The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation.
You'll be asked to pay the following charges at the property:
- Deposit: AUD 1.00 per stay
We have included all charges provided to us by the property. However, charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book.
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Breakfast fee: between AUD 20 and AUD 27 per person (approximately)
- Airport shuttle fee: AUD 95 per vehicle (one way)
- Crib (infant bed) fee: AUD 20.0 per night
- Rollaway bed fee: AUD 30.0 per night
- Credit card charges are subject to a surcharge of 1.3 percent
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
- -Free self parking
- -Free WiFi
- -Smoke-free property
- -Dry cleaning/laundry service
- -Laundry facilities
- -Breakfast available (surcharge)
- -Conference space
- -Concierge services
- -Outdoor pool
- -Free RV, bus, truck parking
- -Television in common areas
- -Computer station
- -One meeting room
- -Coffee shop or café
- -Airport transportation (surcharge)
- -Front desk (limited hours)
- -Free parking nearby
- -Conference space size (feet) - 538
- -Conference space size (meters) - 50