With a stay at The Modern Honolulu by Diamond Resorts, you'll be centrally located in Honolulu, a 7-minute walk from Duke Kahanamoku Beach and 15 minutes by foot from Ala Moana Center. This 4.5-star hotel is 1 mi (1.6 km) from Royal Hawaiian Center and 1.1 mi (1.8 km) from Waikiki Beach.Rooms
Make yourself at home in one of the 353 guestrooms featuring iPod docking stations and LCD televisions. Your pillowtop bed comes with down comforters and premium bedding. Complimentary wired and wireless Internet access keeps you connected, and cable programming provides entertainment. Private bathrooms with bathtubs or showers feature designer toiletries and hair dryers.Amenities
Pamper yourself with a visit to the spa, which offers massages, body treatments, and facials. You're sure to appreciate the recreational amenities, which include 2 outdoor swimming pools, a nightclub, and a 24-hour fitness center. This hotel also features complimentary wireless Internet access, concierge services, and gift shops/newsstands.Dining
Grab a bite at The Grove, a poolside restaurant which features a bar/lounge and a pool view. Need to unwind? Take a break with a tasty beverage at one of the 2 poolside bars. Cooked-to-order breakfasts are available daily from 7 AM to 10 AM for a fee.Business, Other Amenities
Featured amenities include complimentary wired Internet access, complimentary newspapers in the lobby, and dry cleaning/laundry services.Attractions
Distances are displayed to the nearest 0.1 mile and kilometer.
Ala Wai Yacht Harbor - 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
Duke Kahanamoku Beach - 0.6 km / 0.4 mi
Hawaii Convention Center - 0.9 km / 0.5 mi
Magic Island - 1 km / 0.6 mi
Fort DeRussy - 1.1 km / 0.7 mi
Ala Moana Beach Park - 1.1 km / 0.7 mi
U.S. Army Museum of Hawai'i - 1.2 km / 0.7 mi
Ala Moana Center - 1.2 km / 0.8 mi
Waikiki Beach Walk - 1.3 km / 0.8 mi
Gray's Beach - 1.3 km / 0.8 mi
Royal Hawaiian Center - 1.5 km / 0.9 mi
Magic Island Lagoon - 1.7 km / 1.1 mi
Waikiki Beach - 1.7 km / 1.1 mi
International Market Place - 1.7 km / 1.1 mi
Duke Kahanamoku Statue - 2 km / 1.3 mi
The nearest airports are:
Daniel K. Inouye Intl. Airport (HNL) - 13.6 km / 8.5 mi
Kapolei, HI (JRF-Kalaeloa) - 38.8 km / 24.1 mi
The preferred airport for The Modern Honolulu by Diamond Resorts is Daniel K. Inouye Intl. Airport (HNL).
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card may be required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- The name on the credit card used at check-in to pay for incidentals must be the primary name on the guestroom reservation.
- Tax ID - TA-079-357-5424-01.
- This property advises that enhanced cleaning and guest safety measures are currently in place.
- Disinfectant is used to clean the property; commonly-touched surfaces are cleaned with disinfectant between stays; bed sheets and towels are laundered at a temperature of at least 60°C/140°F.
- Social distancing measures are in place; staff at the property wear personal protective equipment; a shield is in place between staff and guests in main contact areas; periodic temperature checks are conducted on staff; guests are provided with hand sanitizer.
- Contactless check-out is available.
- The property affirms that it adheres to the SafeHome (VRMA - USA) sanitization guidelines; the SafeStay (AHLA - USA) sanitization guidelines; the Safe Travels (WTTC - Global) sanitization guidelines; and the Sanitary Protocol (UNPLV - France) sanitization guidelines. Please note that cultural norms and guest policies may differ by country and by property. The policies listed are provided by the property.
If you are planning to arrive after midnight please contact the property in advance using the information on the booking confirmation. Guests must contact the property in advance for check-in instructions. Front desk staff will greet guests on arrival. Anyone traveling to Hawaii is required to self-quarantine for 14 days. Beginning August 1, travelers who have proof of a negative COVID-19 test taken no more than 72 hours before arriving are exempt.
Please note, there is important information about this property to know before you arrive.
- Only registered guests are allowed in the guestrooms.
- The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation.
- Some facilities may have restricted access. Guests can contact the property for details using the contact information on the booking confirmation.
You'll be asked to pay the following charges at the property:
- Deposit: USD 200 per accommodation, per stay
- Resort fee: USD 40.18 per accommodation, per night
- Pool access
- Fitness center access
- Fitness/yoga classes
- Phone calls
- In-room coffee
- WiFi access (may be limited)
We have included all charges provided to us by the property. However, charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book.
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Breakfast fee: between USD 15 and USD 45 for adults, USD 10 and USD 25 for children (approximately)
- Valet parking fee: USD 35 per day (in/out privileges)
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
- -Wedding services
- -Accessible bathroom
- -In-room accessibility
- -Multilingual staff
- -Free newspapers in lobby
- -Free wired Internet
- -Roll-in shower
- -Breakfast available (surcharge)
- -Luggage storage
- -Safe-deposit box at front desk
- -24-hour front desk
- -Concierge services
- -Smoke-free property
- -Gift shops or newsstand
- -Free WiFi
- -Spa treatment room(s)
- -24-hour fitness facilities
- -Dry cleaning/laundry service
- -Valet parking (surcharge)
- -Tours/ticket assistance
- -Pool umbrellas
- -Rooftop terrace
- -Full-service spa
- -Pool sun loungers
- -Marina on site
- -Electric car charging station
- -Number of outdoor pools - 2
- -Number of poolside bars - 2
- -Wheelchair accessible (may have limitations)
- -Walkway to water
- -Wheelchair-accessible path to elevator
- -Braille or raised signage
- -Assistive listening devices available