Price Beat Guarantee*
Find a lower comparable hotel price online and we'll beat it by 10%. Find out more.
With a stay at HI Chicago, you'll be centrally located in Chicago, steps from State Street and 2 minutes by foot from Grant Park. This eco-friendly hostel is 0.3 mi (0.5 km) from Buckingham Fountain and 0.4 mi (0.6 km) from Art Institute of Chicago.Rooms
Make yourself at home in one of the 68 air-conditioned guestrooms. Complimentary wireless Internet access is available to keep you connected. Bathrooms feature showers, complimentary toiletries, and hair dryers.Amenities
Make use of convenient amenities such as complimentary wireless Internet access, concierge services, and a television in a common area.Dining
Enjoy a meal at the restaurant or snacks in the hostel's coffee shop/café. A complimentary continental breakfast is served daily from 7 AM to 10 AM.Business, Other Amenities
Featured amenities include a business center, express check-out, and a 24-hour front desk. Planning an event in Chicago? This hostel features 600 square feet (56 square meters) of event facilities.Attractions
Distances are displayed to the nearest 0.1 mile and kilometer.
State Street - 0.1 km / 0.1 mi
Grant Park - 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
Roosevelt University - 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
Lakefront Trail - 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
Columbia College Chicago - 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
Buckingham Fountain - 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
Symphony Center - 0.6 km / 0.4 mi
Art Institute of Chicago - 0.6 km / 0.4 mi
Chicago Board of Trade Building - 0.7 km / 0.4 mi
Millennium Park - 0.9 km / 0.6 mi
Michigan Avenue - 1 km / 0.6 mi
Willis Tower - 1 km / 0.6 mi
Skydeck Ledge - 1 km / 0.6 mi
Chicago Cultural Center - 1 km / 0.6 mi
311 S Wacker Dr - 1.1 km / 0.7 mi
The nearest airports are:
Chicago, IL (ORD-O'Hare Intl.) - 29.9 km / 18.6 mi
Chicago, IL (MDW-Midway Intl.) - 17.3 km / 10.8 mi
Chicago, IL (PWK-Chicago Executive) - 42.2 km / 26.2 mi
The preferred airport for HI Chicago is Chicago, IL (ORD-O'Hare Intl.).
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card, debit card, or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- No onsite parking is available.
- Minimum Spring Break check-in age is 18 years old.
- The name on the credit card used at check-in to pay for incidentals must be the primary name on the guestroom reservation. Only bookings from non-local guests are accepted. Guests whose residence is within 45 mi (72 km) of the property will not be allowed to check in. Noise-free guestrooms cannot be guaranteed.Safety features at this property include a smoke detector and window guards. Please note that cultural norms and guest policies may differ by country and by property. The policies listed are provided by the property.
Please note that a government issued ID is required in order to check in. For more information please contact the property in advance using the contact details on the booking confirmation.
Please note, there is important information about this property to know before you arrive.
- Only registered guests are allowed in the guestrooms.
- The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation.
You'll be asked to pay the following charges at the property:
- Club Card: USD 4 per person, per night
- Child's Club Card: USD 0 per night, (up to 17 years old)
We have included all charges provided to us by the property. However, charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book.Guests who do not present a Hostelling International membership card will be charged $3 at check-in, payable to the hostel.
- -In-room accessibility
- -Accessible bathroom
- -Free WiFi
- -Smoke-free property
- -24-hour front desk
- -Safe-deposit box at front desk
- -Laundry facilities
- -Concierge services
- -Business center
- -Free breakfast
- -Television in common areas
- -Coffee/tea in common areas
- -Computer station
- -Multilingual staff
- -Coffee shop or café
- -Tours/ticket assistance
- -Billiards or pool table
- -Restaurant - 1
- -Conference space size (feet) - 600
- -Conference space size (meters) - 56
- -Express check-out
- -Luggage storage
- -Meeting rooms
- -Street parking
- -Lot Hours - 24 hours
- -Wheelchair accessible path of travel
- -Braille or raised signage
- -Assistive listening devices available