Price Beat Guarantee*
Find a lower comparable hotel price online and we'll beat it by 10%. Find out more.
Located in Thunder Bay, Best Western Plus Nor'wester Hotel & Conference Centre is within a 5-minute drive of Loch Lomond Ski Area and Fort William Country Club. This eco-friendly hotel is 6 mi (9.7 km) from Fort William Historical Park and 7.7 mi (12.4 km) from International Friendship Garden.Rooms
Make yourself at home in one of the 89 air-conditioned rooms featuring refrigerators and LCD televisions. Complimentary wireless Internet access keeps you connected, and cable programming is available for your entertainment. Private bathrooms have complimentary toiletries and hair dryers. Conveniences include coffee/tea makers and irons/ironing boards, as well as phones with free local calls.Amenities
Don't miss out on recreational opportunities including an indoor pool and a fitness center. Additional amenities at this hotel include complimentary wireless Internet access and a ballroom.Dining
Enjoy international cuisine at Cliffhanger, a restaurant which features a bar, or stay in and take advantage of the room service (during limited hours). Full breakfasts are available daily from 7 AM to 10 AM for a fee.Business, Other Amenities
Featured amenities include a 24-hour business center, express check-out, and complimentary newspapers in the lobby. Planning an event in Thunder Bay? This hotel has facilities measuring 8968 square feet (833 square meters), including conference space. A roundtrip airport shuttle is complimentary (available 24 hours).Attractions
Distances are displayed to the nearest 0.1 mile and kilometer.
Loch Lomond Ski Area - 3.3 km / 2.1 mi
Fort William Country Club - 3.6 km / 2.2 mi
Fort William Historical Park - 9.7 km / 6 mi
International Friendship Garden - 12.4 km / 7.7 mi
Kaministiquia River Heritage Park - 13.1 km / 8.1 mi
St. Paul's Anglican Church - 13.2 km / 8.2 mi
Centennial Botanical Conservatory - 13.2 km / 8.2 mi
St. Andrew's Presbyterian Church - 13.4 km / 8.3 mi
Northwestern Ontario Sports Hall Of Fame - 13.4 km / 8.3 mi
Fort William Gardens - 13.4 km / 8.3 mi
Thunder Bay Museum - 13.5 km / 8.4 mi
Whitewater Golf Club - 13.5 km / 8.4 mi
Chapples Golf Course - 13.6 km / 8.4 mi
Thunder Bay Municipal Golf Course - 13.9 km / 8.7 mi
Mount McKay - 14.1 km / 8.8 mi
The preferred airport for Best Western Plus Nor'wester Hotel & Conference Centre is Thunder Bay, ON (YQT-Thunder Bay Intl.) - 8.6 km / 5.4 mi
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card, debit card, or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed. The name on the credit card used at check-in to pay for incidentals must be the primary name on the guestroom reservation. Please note that cultural norms and guest policies may differ by country and by property. The policies listed are provided by the property. The credit card used to book the reservation must be presented at the time of check-in and must belong to one of the travelling party. Guests who plan to pay for other guests' stay must contact the property in advance. For more details, please contact the property using the information on the reservation confirmation received after booking.
24-hour airport shuttle service is available on request. Fees may apply. Contact the property in advance to make arrangements.
Please note, there is important information about this property to know before you arrive.
Know Before You Go
- This property offers transfers from the airport. Guests must contact the property with arrival details before travel, using the contact information on the booking confirmation.
- Children 17 years old and younger stay free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding.
- The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation.
- The property allows pets in specific rooms only and has other pet restrictions (surcharges apply and can be found in the Fees section). Guests can arrange to bring pets by contacting the property directly, using the contact information on the booking confirmation.
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Fee for full breakfast: CAD 15 for adults and CAD 10 for children (approximately)
- Pet fee: CAD 30 per pet, per day
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
Renovations and Closures
The following facilities will be closed from 01 December 2018 to 14 January 2019 (dates subject to change):
- Fitness facilities
- Swimming pool
- Spa tub
- -Indoor pool
- -Free self parking
- -24-hour business center
- -In-room accessibility
- -Accessible bathroom
- -Free WiFi
- -Smoke-free property
- -Dry cleaning/laundry service
- -24-hour front desk
- -Breakfast available (surcharge)
- -Conference space
- -Free airport transportation
- -Fitness facilities
- -Free newspapers in lobby
- -Total number of rooms - 89
- -Conference space size (meters) - 833
- -Conference space size (feet) - 8968
- -Express check-out
- -Meeting rooms