Price Beat Guarantee*
Find a lower comparable hotel price online and we'll beat it by 10%. Find out more.
You'll be centrally located in Wellington with a stay at James Cook Hotel Grand Chancellor, within a 15-minute walk of St Paul's Cathedral and Carter Observatory. This 4.5-star hotel is 0.9 mi (1.4 km) from Te Papa (Museum of New Zealand) and 0.9 mi (1.5 km) from Old St Paul's.Rooms
Make yourself at home in one of the 268 air-conditioned rooms featuring refrigerators and minibars. Wired and wireless Internet access is complimentary, and LCD televisions with satellite programming provide entertainment. Private bathrooms with shower/tub combinations feature complimentary toiletries and hair dryers. Conveniences include phones, as well as desks and complimentary weekday newspapers.Amenities
Pamper yourself with a visit to the spa, which offers massages, body treatments, and facials. Additional amenities at this hotel include complimentary wireless Internet access, concierge services, and babysitting/childcare (surcharge).Dining
Grab a bite at Whitbys Restaurant, one of the hotel's 2 restaurants, or stay in and take advantage of the 24-hour room service. Snacks are also available at the coffee shop/café. Need to unwind? Take a break with a tasty beverage at one of the 2 bars/lounges. Buffet breakfasts are served on weekdays from 6:30 AM to 10 AM and on weekends from 6:30 AM to 10:30 AM for a fee.Business, Other Amenities
Featured amenities include complimentary newspapers in the lobby, dry cleaning/laundry services, and a 24-hour front desk.Attractions
Distances are displayed to the nearest 0.1 mile and kilometer.
Wellington Central Business District - 0.1 km / 0.1 mi
Lambton Quay - 0.6 km / 0.4 mi
Wellington Cable Car (Lambton Quay Station) - 0.6 km / 0.4 mi
New Zealand Parliament Buildings - 0.7 km / 0.4 mi
TSB Bank Arena - 0.7 km / 0.4 mi
Frank Kitts Park - 0.7 km / 0.4 mi
Beehive - 0.7 km / 0.4 mi
Museum of Wellington City and Sea - 0.7 km / 0.5 mi
Wellington Waterfront - 0.8 km / 0.5 mi
Old Government Buildings - 0.8 km / 0.5 mi
Central Library - 0.8 km / 0.5 mi
Civic Square - 0.9 km / 0.5 mi
City Gallery Wellington - 0.9 km / 0.6 mi
Victoria University of Wellington - 0.9 km / 0.6 mi
City-to-Sea Bridge - 0.9 km / 0.6 mi
The nearest airports are:
Wellington (WLG-Wellington Intl.) - 8.2 km / 5.1 mi
Paraparaumu (PPQ) - 52.1 km / 32.4 mi
The preferred airport for James Cook Hotel Grand Chancellor is Wellington (WLG-Wellington Intl.).
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card, debit card, or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- The name on the credit card used at check-in to pay for incidentals must be the primary name on the guestroom reservation. Please note that cultural norms and guest policies may differ by country and by property. The policies listed are provided by the property.
The property is renovating its guestrooms until December 2020 (completion date subject to change). For more details, please contact the property using the number provided on the booking confirmation email.
Please note, there is important information about this property to know before you arrive.
- Reservations are required for spa treatments. Reservations can be made by contacting the hotel prior to arrival, using the contact information on the booking confirmation.
- The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation.
- Parking height restrictions apply.
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Fee for buffet breakfast: NZD 32 for adults and NZD 16 for children (approximately)
- Valet parking fee: NZD 30.00 per night (in/out privileges)
- Onsite credit card charges are subject to a surcharge
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
- -In-room accessibility
- -Roll-in shower
- -Accessible bathroom
- -Free WiFi
- -Wedding services
- -Smoke-free property
- -Dry cleaning/laundry service
- -24-hour front desk
- -Safe-deposit box at front desk
- -Breakfast available (surcharge)
- -Conference space
- -Concierge services
- -Long-term parking (surcharge)
- -Fitness facilities
- -Free newspapers in lobby
- -Television in common areas
- -Coffee/tea in common areas
- -Spa treatment room(s)
- -Coffee shop or café
- -Conference center
- -Free use of nearby fitness center
- -Tours/ticket assistance
- -Babysitting or childcare (surcharge)
- -Full-service spa
- -Spa services on site
- -Number of bars/lounges - 2
- -Number of restaurants - 2
- -Number of buildings/towers - 2
- -Number of floors - 14
- -Year Built - 1972
- -Total number of rooms - 268
- -Luggage storage
- -Valet parking (surcharge)
- -Meeting rooms