Price Beat Guarantee*
Find a lower comparable hotel price online and we'll beat it by 10%. Find out more.
With a stay at The Explorer in Malacca, you'll be within a 5-minute walk of Mahkota Parade Shopping Mall and Dataran Pahlawan Melaka Megamall. This hotel is 0.4 mi (0.7 km) from Hatten Square and 0.5 mi (0.7 km) from Mahkota Medical Center.Rooms
Make yourself at home in one of the 143 air-conditioned rooms featuring LCD televisions. Complimentary wireless Internet access keeps you connected, and cable programming is available for your entertainment. Private bathrooms with showers feature complimentary toiletries and hair dryers. Conveniences include phones, as well as desks and coffee/tea makers.Amenities
Take in the views from a rooftop terrace and a garden and make use of amenities such as concierge services.Dining
Grab a bite to eat at one of the hotel's many dining establishments, which include 10 restaurants and 5 coffee shops/cafés. Local cuisine breakfasts are available daily from 7 AM to 10 AM for a fee.Business, Other Amenities
Featured amenities include a business center, complimentary newspapers in the lobby, and a 24-hour front desk. Free self parking is available onsite.Attractions
Distances are displayed to the nearest 0.1 mile and kilometer.
Mahkota Parade Shopping Mall - 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
Dataran Pahlawan Melaka Megamall - 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
Hatten Square - 0.4 km / 0.2 mi
A Famosa - 0.4 km / 0.3 mi
Mahkota Medical Center - 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
Maritime Museum Muzium Samudera - 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
Christ Church - 0.6 km / 0.4 mi
Red Square - 0.6 km / 0.4 mi
The Stadthuys - 0.6 km / 0.4 mi
St Paul's Church - 0.7 km / 0.4 mi
Chen Ho's Cultural Museum - 0.8 km / 0.5 mi
Jonker Street Night Market - 0.8 km / 0.5 mi
Church of St. Francis Xavier - 0.9 km / 0.6 mi
Malacca Heritage Centre - 0.9 km / 0.6 mi
Baba Nyonya Heritage Museum - 1 km / 0.6 mi
The preferred airport for The Explorer is Kuala Lumpur (KUL-Kuala Lumpur Intl.) - 137.8 km / 85.6 mi
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
Please note that cultural norms and guest policies may differ by country and by property. The policies listed are provided by the property.
Guests planning to arrive after 9 PM must contact this property in advance to arrange check-in. Please contact the office using the information on the reservation confirmation received after booking.
Please note, there is important information about this property to know before you arrive.
Know Before You Go
- One child 7 years old or younger stays free when occupying the parent or guardian's room, using existing bedding.
- Only registered guests are allowed in the guestrooms.
- No pets and no service animals are allowed at this property.
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Breakfast fee: between MYR 15 and MYR 15 for adults, MYR 10 and MYR 10 for children (approximately)
- Late check-out fee: MYR 50 (subject to availability)
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
Mandatory Fees and Taxes
You'll be asked to pay the following charges at the property:
- Cash deposit: MYR 50 per stay
- A tax is imposed by the city: MYR 2.00 per accommodation, per night
- A tax of MYR 10.00 per accommodation, per night is imposed by the country of Malaysia and collected at the property. Permanent residents and Malaysian nationals are exempt from the tax. For more details, please contact the property using the information on the reservation confirmation received after booking.
We have included all charges provided to us by the property. However, charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book.A heritage tax of 2 MYR per room per night is applicable as per the requirement of the City Council of Malacca and will be collected upon check-in.
- -Free self parking
- -Accessible bathroom
- -Smoke-free property
- -24-hour front desk
- -Safe-deposit box at front desk
- -Breakfast available (surcharge)
- -Concierge services
- -Business center
- -Free newspapers in lobby
- -Luggage storage
- -Multilingual staff
- -One meeting room
- -Rooftop terrace
- -Number of floors - 4
- -Year Built - 2012
- -Total number of rooms - 143
- -Number of coffee shops/cafes - 5
- -Number of restaurants - 10