Price Beat Guarantee*
Find a lower comparable hotel price online and we'll beat it by 10%. Find out more.
When you stay at Dantoukan Kikunoya in Otsu, you'll be on a lake, within a 15-minute drive of Lake Biwa and Biwako Valley Ski Resort. This ryokan is 11 mi (17.7 km) from Kyoto University and 12.1 mi (19.5 km) from Heian Shrine.Rooms
Make yourself at home in one of the 21 individually furnished guestrooms, featuring refrigerators and flat-screen televisions. Complimentary wireless Internet access is available to keep you connected. Bathrooms have hair dryers and toilets with an electronic bidet. Conveniences include phones and safes, and housekeeping is provided daily.Amenities
Take advantage of recreation opportunities such as hot springs, or other amenities including complimentary wireless Internet access and gift shops/newsstands.Dining
Enjoy a meal at the restaurant or snacks in the ryokan's coffee shop/café. A complimentary local cuisine breakfast is included.Business, Other Amenities
Featured amenities include complimentary newspapers in the lobby, luggage storage, and a safe deposit box at the front desk. A train station pick-up service is provided at no charge, and free valet parking is available onsite.Attractions
Distances are displayed to the nearest 0.1 mile and kilometer.
Ogoto Onsen - 0.1 km / 0.1 mi
Lake Biwa - 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
Lake Biwa Bridge - 6.2 km / 3.9 mi
Pieri Moriyama Mall - 7.9 km / 4.9 mi
Sagawa Art Museum - 8.6 km / 5.3 mi
Biwako Otsukan - 9 km / 5.6 mi
Biwako Hall - 11 km / 6.9 mi
Lake Biwa Museum - 14.2 km / 8.8 mi
Aeon Mall Kusatsu - 14.7 km / 9.2 mi
Mount Hiei - 14.8 km / 9.2 mi
Mizunomori Water Botanical Garden - 14.8 km / 9.2 mi
Enryakuji Temple - 15.2 km / 9.4 mi
Garden Museum Hiei - 16.9 km / 10.5 mi
Kyoto University - 17.7 km / 11 mi
Daigoji Temple - 17.9 km / 11.2 mi
The preferred airport for Dantoukan Kikunoya is Osaka (KIX-Kansai Intl.) - 118.8 km / 73.8 mi
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card, debit card, or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- Please note that cultural norms and guest policies may differ by country and by property. The policies listed are provided by the property.
This property doesn't offer after-hours check-in. Guests arriving late won't be able to check in until the next morning. Guests requiring dinner at the hotel must arrive before 7:30 PM. For more details, please contact the property using the information on the reservation confirmation received after booking.
Please note, there is important information about this property to know before you arrive.
- This property offers transfers from the train station. Guests must contact the property with arrival details on arrival, using the contact information on the booking confirmation.
- Reservations are required for private bath/onsen. Reservations can be made by contacting the ryokan prior to arrival, using the contact information on the booking confirmation.
- The Japanese Ministry of Health, Labour, and Welfare requires all international visitors to submit their passport number and nationality when registering at any lodging facility (inns, hotels, motels, etc. ). Additionally, lodging proprietors are required to photocopy passports for all registering guests and keep the photocopy on file.
You'll be asked to pay the following charges at the property:
- A tax is imposed by the city: JPY 150 per person, per night
We have included all charges provided to us by the property. However, charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book.
- -Free train station pickup
- -Free self parking
- -Free WiFi
- -Safe-deposit box at front desk
- -Gift shops or newsstand
- -Free breakfast
- -Free RV, bus, truck parking
- -Free newspapers in lobby
- -Coffee shop or café
- -Designated smoking areas
- -Parking (limited spaces)
- -Tours/ticket assistance
- -Front desk (limited hours)
- -Free valet parking
- -Water dispenser
- -Free train station drop-off
- -Luggage storage
- -Meeting rooms