With a stay at Dantoukan Kikunoya in Otsu (Ogoto), you'll be steps from Ogoto Onsen and 13 minutes by foot from Lake Biwa. This ryokan is 11.7 mi (18.9 km) from Biwako Valley Ski Resort and 12.4 mi (19.9 km) from Kyoto University.Rooms
Make yourself at home in one of the 21 individually furnished guestrooms, featuring refrigerators and flat-screen televisions. Complimentary wireless Internet access is available to keep you connected. Bathrooms have hair dryers and toilets with an electronic bidet. Conveniences include phones and safes, and housekeeping is provided daily.Amenities
Take advantage of recreation opportunities such as hot springs, or other amenities including complimentary wireless Internet access and gift shops/newsstands.Dining
Enjoy a meal at the restaurant or snacks in the ryokan's coffee shop/café. Breakfast is available for a fee.Business, Other Amenities
Featured amenities include complimentary newspapers in the lobby, luggage storage, and a safe deposit box at the front desk. A train station pick-up service is provided at no charge, and free valet parking is available onsite.Attractions
Distances are displayed to the nearest 0.1 mile and kilometer.
Ogoto Onsen - 0.1 km / 0.1 mi
Lake Biwa - 1.1 km / 0.7 mi
Lake Biwa Bridge - 6.2 km / 3.9 mi
Pieri Moriyama Mall - 7.9 km / 4.9 mi
Sagawa Art Museum - 8.6 km / 5.3 mi
Biwako Otsukan - 9 km / 5.6 mi
Lake Biwa Canal - 10.5 km / 6.5 mi
Biwako Hall - 12.1 km / 7.5 mi
Lake Biwa Museum - 14.2 km / 8.8 mi
Mount Hiei - 14.7 km / 9.1 mi
Enryakuji Temple - 15.2 km / 9.4 mi
Aeon Mall Kusatsu - 15.8 km / 9.8 mi
Daigoji Temple - 17.9 km / 11.2 mi
Temple of the Silver Pavilion - 18.5 km / 11.5 mi
Philosopher's Walk - 18.7 km / 11.6 mi
The preferred airport for Dantoukan Kikunoya is Kansai Intl. Airport (KIX) - 118.8 km / 73.8 mi
- Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy
- Government-issued photo identification and a credit card, debit card, or cash deposit may be required at check-in for incidental charges
- Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges; special requests cannot be guaranteed
- This property accepts credit cards
- Safety features at this property include a fire extinguisher and a smoke detector
- Please note that cultural norms and guest policies may differ by country and by property; the policies listed are provided by the property
This property doesn't offer after-hours check-in. For more details, please contact the property using the information on the booking confirmation. Guests requiring dinner at the hotel must arrive before 7:30 PM.
Please note, there is important information about this property to know before you arrive.
- This property offers transfers from the train station. Guests must contact the property with arrival details on arrival, using the contact information on the booking confirmation.
- Reservations are required for private bath/onsen. Reservations can be made by contacting the ryokan prior to arrival, using the contact information on the booking confirmation.
- The Japanese Ministry of Health, Labour, and Welfare requires all international visitors to submit their passport number and nationality when registering at any lodging facility (inns, hotels, motels, etc. ). Additionally, lodging proprietors are required to photocopy passports for all registering guests and keep the photocopy on file.
- This property advises that enhanced cleaning and guest safety measures are currently in place.
- Disinfectant is used to clean the property; commonly-touched surfaces are cleaned with disinfectant between stays; bed sheets and towels are laundered at a temperature of at least 60°C/140°F.
- Social distancing measures are in place; staff at the property wear personal protective equipment; periodic temperature checks are conducted on staff; guests are provided with hand sanitizer; masks are required in public areas.
- Contactless check-in is available.
- Individually-wrapped food options are available for breakfast and dinner.
- Enhanced food service safety measures are in place.
You'll be asked to pay the following charges at the property:
- A tax is imposed by the city: JPY 150 per person, per night
We have included all charges provided to us by the property. However, charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book.
- -Free train station pickup
- -Free self parking
- -Free WiFi
- -Safe-deposit box at front desk
- -Breakfast available (surcharge)
- -Gift shops or newsstand
- -Free RV, bus, truck parking
- -Free newspapers in lobby
- -Luggage storage
- -Coffee shop or café
- -Designated smoking areas
- -Parking (limited spaces)
- -Tours/ticket assistance
- -Meeting rooms
- -Front desk (limited hours)
- -Free valet parking
- -Water dispenser
- -Free train station drop-off