Hotel Tonchala is centrally located in San José de Cúcuta, a 3-minute walk from Ventura Plaza Commercial Center and 6 minutes by foot from Banco de la Republica Cultural Area. This hotel is 0.6 mi (0.9 km) from General Santander Stadium and 0.9 mi (1.4 km) from Gobernación Norte de Santander.Rooms
Make yourself at home in one of the 102 air-conditioned rooms featuring minibars and LCD televisions. Complimentary wireless Internet access keeps you connected, and cable programming is available for your entertainment. Private bathrooms with bathtubs or showers feature designer toiletries and hair dryers. Conveniences include phones, as well as safes and desks.Amenities
Don't miss out on recreational opportunities including an outdoor pool and a sauna. Additional features at this hotel include complimentary wireless Internet access, tour/ticket assistance, and a banquet hall.Dining
At Hotel Tonchala, enjoy a satisfying meal at the restaurant. Quench your thirst with your favorite drink at the poolside bar. A complimentary continental breakfast is served daily from 7 AM to 10 AM.Business, Other Amenities
Featured amenities include a business center, complimentary newspapers in the lobby, and dry cleaning/laundry services. Free self parking is available onsite.Attractions
Distances are displayed to the nearest 0.1 mile and kilometer.
Malpelo Fauna and Flora Sanctuary - 0.1 km / 0.1 mi
Ventura Plaza Commercial Center - 0.2 km / 0.2 mi
Banco de la Republica Cultural Area - 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
Colon Park - 0.7 km / 0.4 mi
Cucuta Museum of Culture - 0.8 km / 0.5 mi
San Jose Cathedral - 0.8 km / 0.5 mi
General Santander Stadium - 1 km / 0.6 mi
Gobernación Norte de Santander - 1.1 km / 0.7 mi
Circus Pop - 1.4 km / 0.9 mi
Ecoparque Comfanorte Cúcuta - 3.8 km / 2.3 mi
House of General Santander - 9.6 km / 6 mi
The preferred airport for Hotel Tonchala is Cucuta (CUC-Camilo Daza Intl.) - 5.4 km / 3.4 mi
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy Government-issued photo identification and a credit card, debit card, or cash deposit may be required at check-in for incidental charges Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges; special requests cannot be guaranteed Minimum Spring Break check-in age is 18 years old
Front desk staff will greet guests on arrival.
Please note, there is important information about this property to know before you arrive.
- If you are traveling with a child your property may require you to present the following documents: Parents traveling into Colombia with a child under 18 may be required to present the child's birth certificate and photo ID (passport for foreign visitors) upon check-in. If a relative or legal guardian is traveling into Colombia with the child, that relative or legal guardian may be required to present a notarized consent of travel signed by both parents and a copy of both parents' ID. If only one parent is traveling into Colombia with the child, that parent may be required to present a notarized consent of travel signed by the other parent. Visitors who plan to travel with children should consult with a Colombian consulate office prior to travel for further guidance.
- Pool access available from 11 AM to 6 PM.
- The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation.
- No pets and no service animals are allowed at this property.
- This property advises that enhanced cleaning and guest safety measures are currently in place.
- Disinfectant is used to clean the property; commonly-touched surfaces are cleaned with disinfectant between stays; bed sheets and towels are laundered at a temperature of at least 60°C/140°F.
- Social distancing measures are in place; staff at the property wear personal protective equipment; periodic temperature checks are conducted on staff; temperature checks are available to guests; guests are provided with hand sanitizer; cashless payment methods are available for all transactions; masks are required in public areas; reservations are required for some onsite facilities.
- Each guestroom is kept vacant for a minimum of 24 hours between bookings.
- Enhanced food service safety measures are in place.
- This property welcomes guests of all sexual orientations and gender identities (LGBTQIA friendly).
You'll be asked to pay the following charges at the property:
- For stays on or after January 1, 2021, citizens of Colombia and foreigners staying 60 consecutive days or more will be charged a 19% national sales tax by the property at the time of stay. Foreigners on a tourist visa will not be required to pay this tax. The tax may be charged where a room is shared by a taxable and a non-taxable guest.
- Resort fee: COP 5000 per person, per night
We have included all charges provided to us by the property. However, charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book.
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Rollaway bed fee: COP 67000.0 per night
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
- -Free self parking
- -In-room accessibility
- -Free WiFi
- -Smoke-free property
- -Dry cleaning/laundry service
- -24-hour front desk
- -Safe-deposit box at front desk
- -Poolside bar
- -Laundry facilities
- -Conference space
- -Outdoor pool
- -Business center
- -Free breakfast
- -Free newspapers in lobby
- -Luggage storage
- -Computer station
- -Banquet hall
- -Steam room
- -Tours/ticket assistance
- -Swimming pool
- -Meeting rooms
- -Wheelchair accessible (may have limitations)