When you stay at Hotel New Wakasa in Nara, you'll be in the historical district, within a 15-minute walk of Nara Park and Todaiji Temple. This spa inn is 4.5 mi (7.3 km) from Yakushi-ji Temple and 8.6 mi (13.8 km) from Nara Kenko Land.Rooms
Make yourself at home in one of the 25 air-conditioned rooms featuring refrigerators. Complimentary wireless Internet access is available to keep you connected. Private bathrooms have complimentary toiletries and hair dryers. Conveniences include phones, as well as safes and desks.Amenities
Take time to pamper yourself with a visit to the full-service spa. Additional features at this inn include complimentary wireless Internet access, concierge services, and gift shops/newsstands.Dining
Enjoy a satisfying meal at Traditional Dining Room serving guests of Hotel New Wakasa. Japanese breakfasts are served on weekdays from 8:00 AM to 9:00 AM and on weekends from 7:30 AM to 9:00 AM for a fee.Business, Other Amenities
Featured amenities include complimentary newspapers in the lobby, dry cleaning/laundry services, and luggage storage. This inn has 3 meeting rooms available for events. Free self parking is available onsite.Attractions
Distances are displayed to the nearest 0.1 mile and kilometer.
Nara Prefectural Art Museum - 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
Nara Prefectural Cultural Hall - 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
Nara Woman's University - 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
Neiraku Art Museum - 0.6 km / 0.4 mi
Isui-en Garden - 0.6 km / 0.4 mi
Todaiji Temple - 0.6 km / 0.4 mi
Nara National Museum - 0.7 km / 0.4 mi
Himuro Shrine - 0.7 km / 0.5 mi
Kofuku-ji Shrine - 0.8 km / 0.5 mi
Shosoin Temple - 0.8 km / 0.5 mi
Okumura Commemorative Museum - 0.8 km / 0.5 mi
Sarusawa-ike - 1 km / 0.6 mi
Tamukeyama Hachimangu Shrine - 1 km / 0.6 mi
Goko-in Temple - 1.1 km / 0.7 mi
Nigatsu-do Temple - 1.1 km / 0.7 mi
The nearest airports are:
Kansai Intl. Airport (KIX) - 80.6 km / 50.1 mi
Itami Airport (ITM) - 47.7 km / 29.6 mi
The preferred airport for Hotel New Wakasa is Kansai Intl. Airport (KIX).
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card, debit card, or cash deposit may be required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- Safety features at this property include a carbon monoxide detector, a fire extinguisher, a smoke detector, a security system, a first aid kit, and window guards.
- This property advises that enhanced cleaning and guest safety measures are currently in place.
- Disinfectant is used to clean the property; commonly-touched surfaces are cleaned with disinfectant between stays; bed sheets and towels are laundered at a temperature of at least 60°C/140°F.
- Personal protective equipment, including masks, will be available to guests.
- Contactless check-in is available.
- Individually-wrapped food options are available for breakfast and dinner. Please note that cultural norms and guest policies may differ by country and by property. The policies listed are provided by the property.
The front desk is open daily from 7:00 AM - 10:00 PM. If you are planning to arrive after 9 PM please contact the property in advance using the information on the booking confirmation. Front desk staff will greet guests on arrival. Due to COVID-19 travel restrictions, this property can only accept bookings for essential travel or stays. You may be asked to provide evidence of this on arrival.
Please note, there is important information about this property to know before you arrive.
- Reservations are required for private bath/onsen. Reservations can be made by contacting the inn prior to arrival, using the contact information on the booking confirmation.
- The Japanese Ministry of Health, Labour, and Welfare requires all international visitors to submit their passport number and nationality when registering at any lodging facility (inns, hotels, motels, etc. ). Additionally, lodging proprietors are required to photocopy passports for all registering guests and keep the photocopy on file.
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Fee for Japanese breakfast: JPY 2200 for adults and JPY 1650 for children (approximately)
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
- -Free self parking
- -Free WiFi
- -Dry cleaning/laundry service
- -Breakfast available (surcharge)
- -Gift shops or newsstand
- -Concierge services
- -Free newspapers in lobby
- -Designated smoking areas
- -Tours/ticket assistance
- -Vending machine
- -Full-service spa
- -Front desk (limited hours)
- -Number of meeting rooms - 3
- -Luggage storage
- -Rooftop terrace
- -Picnic area
- -Kaiseki meal
- -Wheelchair accessible parking