Price Beat Guarantee*
Find a lower comparable hotel price online and we'll beat it by 10%. Find out more.
With a stay at Taj Cape Town, you'll be centrally located in Cape Town, steps from Long Street and 3 minutes by foot from Greenmarket Square. This 5-star hotel is 0.5 mi (0.8 km) from South African National Gallery and 0.6 mi (1 km) from Castle of Good Hope.Rooms
Make yourself at home in one of the 176 air-conditioned rooms featuring iPod docking stations and flat-screen televisions. Your Select Comfort bed comes with Egyptian cotton sheets. Wired and wireless Internet access is complimentary, while DVD players and satellite programming provide entertainment. Private bathrooms with separate bathtubs and showers feature rainfall showerheads and designer toiletries.Amenities
Pamper yourself with a visit to the spa, which offers massages, body treatments, and facials. You're sure to appreciate the recreational amenities, including a 24-hour health club, an indoor pool, and a spa tub. Additional features at this hotel include complimentary wireless Internet access, concierge services, and babysitting/childcare (surcharge). The complimentary shuttle will take you to the nearby beach or shopping center.Dining
Enjoy Indian cuisine at Bombay Brasserie, one of the hotel's 2 restaurants, or stay in and take advantage of the 24-hour room service. Snacks are also available at the coffee shop/café. Mingle with other guests at the complimentary reception, held daily. Wrap up your day with a drink at the bar/lounge. A complimentary full breakfast is served on weekdays from 6:30 AM to 10:30 AM and on weekends from 6:30 AM to 11:00 AM.Business, Other Amenities
Featured amenities include complimentary wired Internet access, a 24-hour business center, and limo/town car service. Planning an event in Cape Town? This hotel has facilities measuring 11200 square feet (1041 square meters), including a conference center. For a surcharge, guests may use a roundtrip airport shuttle (available 24 hours) and a cruise ship terminal shuttle.Attractions
Distances are displayed to the nearest 0.1 mile and kilometer.
St. Georges Mall - 0.1 km / 0.1 mi
Long Street - 0.1 km / 0.1 mi
St. George's Cathedral - 0.1 km / 0.1 mi
Slave Lodge - 0.1 km / 0.1 mi
Cape Town Museum - 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
Greenmarket Square - 0.2 km / 0.1 mi
Pan African Market - 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
South Africa Library - 0.3 km / 0.2 mi
Company's Garden - 0.4 km / 0.2 mi
Christian Barnard Hospital - 0.4 km / 0.2 mi
Bo Kaap Museum - 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
Houses of Parliament - 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
Africa Centre - 0.5 km / 0.3 mi
South African Museum and Planetarium - 0.6 km / 0.4 mi
Cape Town City Hall - 0.6 km / 0.4 mi
The preferred airport for Taj Cape Town is Cape Town (CPT-Cape Town Intl.) - 19.4 km / 12.1 mi
Extra-person charges may apply and vary depending on property policy.
Government-issued photo identification and a credit card, debit card, or cash deposit are required at check-in for incidental charges.
Special requests are subject to availability upon check-in and may incur additional charges. Special requests cannot be guaranteed.
- The name on the credit card used at check-in to pay for incidentals must be the primary name on the guestroom reservation.
24-hour airport shuttle service is available on request. Fees may apply. Contact the property in advance to make arrangements.
Please note, there is important information about this property to know before you arrive.
- This property offers transfers from the cruise terminal, airport, and train station (surcharges may apply). Guests must contact the property with arrival details 24 hours prior to arrival, using the contact information on the booking confirmation.
- Reservations are required for massage services and spa treatments. Reservations can be made by contacting the hotel prior to arrival, using the contact information on the booking confirmation.
- Only registered guests are allowed in the guestrooms.
- The property has connecting/adjoining rooms, which are subject to availability and can be requested by contacting the property using the number on the booking confirmation.
You'll be asked to pay the following charges at the property:
- 1 percent tourism fee will be charged
We have included all charges provided to us by the property. However, charges can vary, for example, based on length of stay or the room you book.
The following fees and deposits are charged by the property at time of service, check-in, or check-out.
- Airport shuttle fee: ZAR 750 per vehicle (one way)
The above list may not be comprehensive. Fees and deposits may not include tax and are subject to change.
- -Wedding services
- -Accessible bathroom
- -In-room accessibility
- -Multilingual staff
- -Designated smoking areas
- -Free newspapers in lobby
- -Television in common areas
- -Computer station
- -Free wired Internet
- -Limo or Town Car service available
- -Free area shuttle
- -Free shopping center shuttle
- -Shopping on site
- -Roll-in shower
- -Snack bar/deli
- -Free breakfast
- -Coffee shop or café
- -Safe-deposit box at front desk
- -24-hour front desk
- -Free reception
- -Concierge services
- -Gift shops or newsstand
- -Free WiFi
- -Spa tub
- -Spa treatment room(s)
- -24-hour fitness facilities
- -Fitness facilities
- -Laundry facilities
- -Dry cleaning/laundry service
- -Free self parking
- -24-hour business center
- -Conference center
- -Train station pickup (surcharge)
- -Free beach shuttle
- -Free parking nearby
- -Tours/ticket assistance
- -Full-service spa
- -Turkish bath/Hammam
- -24-hour health club
- -Pool sun loungers
- -Babysitting or childcare (surcharge)
- -Children's club (surcharge)
- -Free valet parking
- -Bar/lounge - 1
- -Steam room
- -Beach towels
- -Wheelchair accessible (may have limitations)
- -Outdoor furniture
- -Conference space size (feet) - 11200
- -Coffee/tea in common areas
- -Cruise terminal shuttle (surcharge)
- -Number of restaurants - 2
- -Luggage storage
- -Airport transportation (surcharge)
- -Indoor pool
- -Supervised childcare/activities (surcharge)
- -Conference space size (meters) - 1041
- -Meeting rooms
- -Wheelchair accessible parking