Four cosy loft style Stables are nestled in the historic Hawthorn Villa Estate in lush private gardens, on the edge of Carrick village. A beautiful place to stay for couples and friends to escape the trappings of city life, relax and breathe the fresh air.
Only 12mins from Launceston & perfectly situated with Tasmania’s Northern attractions close by, along with gourmet goodies to be sourced locally. With so much to explore, make sure you book enough time to also relax & enjoy your space.
Rustically romantic, a split Stable door welcomes you into a unique country style abode yet has all the modern comforts, along with the cosiest loft bedroom. A home cooked treat and eggs from our girls can often be found in your gorgeous Stable kitchen.
Organic use of recycled Oregon has been extensively used throughout along with the blend of beautiful Tasmanian timber craftsmanship, such as Blackwood & Huon Pine, contrasts with the softness of Mudbrick walls.
Reverse cycle aircon provides instant warmth in winter and cool in summer, although the mudbrick keeps your Stable at the perfect temperature. The high raked oregon ceilings have a fan to keep your air circulated.
You may wish to....
* Take a picnic and day trip to Cradle Mountain
* Explore the Great Western Tiers Trail with its gourmet delights including Truffles of Tasmania, Christmas Hills Raspberry Farm, 41deg South Salmon & Ginseng Farm, Chudleigh Honey Farm, Ashgrove Cheese Farm, Anvers Chocolate Factory, The Cherry Shed…just to name a few!
* Explore Launceston and Cataract Gorge
* Tamar Valley & its stunning Vineyards & Restaurants
* Beauty Point & Greens Beach areas including Platypus House & Seahorse World
* Bridstowe Lavender Farm and Bridport Beaches
* Narawntapu National Park & Bakers Beach, Hawley Beach & Port Sorrel
* Explore surrounding Historical towns such as Evandale, Longford & Westbury
* Exercise with many World Heritage sights such as Liffey Falls, Devils Gullet, Mole Creek Karst National Park & Caves
* Take yourself on the Historic Carrick Walk (brochure provided) and visit the Tasmania Copper & Metal Art Gallery opposite
Gather gourmet goodies to enjoy at days end at your Stable or experience Carrick Pub, showcasing the town’s amazing history through photos and stories along with hearty pub food.
15 Mins from Launceston
20 Mins from Launceston Airport
50 Mins from Spirit of Tasmania, Devonport
2 hrs from Hobart
This perfect escape, for couples only, not only makes a great base for touring Tassie’s North but also provides inspiration for creatives and romantics alike.
Sounds like a lot of fun, maybe a little exhausting? - Make sure you book enough time to chill out and relax.
We are auto-gated for your privacy. The gardens are yours, take a wander through and collect free range eggs & pick herbs for that perfect breakfast omelette.
Out your door you will find the ideal place to unwind, relax with that good book, drinks with your gourmet finds, or yoga in private garden surrounds.
Reception is located at the front of Hawthorn Villa house. Most times can be accommodated but please confirm. Also advise estimated check in time in your booking.
- -Reception (limited hours)
- -Non-smoking property
- -Adults only
- -WiFi (free)
- -BBQ facilities
- -Picnic area
- -Dry cleaning / Laundry service
- -Onsite parking (free)